UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (5) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: catmeyoo Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 745047  
Subject: Re: Snow! 8 inches n Chadron. Date: 1/13/2013 9:04 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 8
arrete - baby brother forgot to get wind pants. Heh. Hot chocolate at the Bean Broker.

Great place for when its cold and snowy, or otherwise too. Nice lunches--sandwich with soup or salad, all home made with local ingredients insofar as possible, menu changes every day. Open mike sometimes on Friday nights if he likes to perform, or likes to watch. Otherwise various groups play. Long hours--early breakfast (homemade pastries) and deep into the night. Hard working gang.

Their last Friday menu and their weekend menu (from their Facebook page):

~FRIDAY'S EATS~
**PANINI -- HAM or CHICKEN on CIABATTA bun with SWEET PEPPERS, PROVOLONE cheese & BISTRO sauce
**FRENCH ONION SOUP topped with CRISPY CHEESE CROUTON
**MIXED GREEN SALAD with CRAISINS, APPLES, cheese, GLAZED nuts & MAPLE BALSAMIC dressing

WEEKEND EATS
-IRISH PEASANT SOUP- Cabbage, Certified Angus Beef, Kidney Beans, Garbanzo Beans.
-FRENCH ONION SOUP- Toasted French Bread & Provolone.
-HAM, CHICKEN, OR PASTRAMI PANINI on Ciabatta- With Sweet Pickles, Cheese, & Mayo.
-MIXED HERB GREENS- With Apples, Craisins, Parmesan, Glazed Nuts, & Maple Balsamic Vinaigrette.

Bean Broker (if link works)
http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc6/283671_1015089705...

The cook and part owner there is a daughter of a woman I went to school with. She and her husband both were music majors too and I accompanied him for his senior recital but this is so weird, I can't remember what his instrument was--maybe it was voice but I don't think so. She now lives on a ranch outside of Hay Springs. I think they are divorced. They both retired from music education careers though. I was one of the few from the music major group who went on to do something else than teach music (other than some piano and guitar lessons here and there). I think it was because my mother wanted and expected me to do that and the last thing I wanted to do was what she wanted and expected.

Anyway, Hay Springs Dorothy and I were both in a madrigal group one year and we rode around from town to town in Nebraska performing for high school assemblies. Half the program was "concert" music, beginning with madrigals to justify our name, and the other half lighter and popular, including a Kingston Trio like threesome that did songs such as Tom Dooley and Tie Me Kangaroo Down Sport and strummed away on their guitars.

Tie Me Kangaroo Down Sport:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zjd1_8fQ0NY

On our musician's bus we played Rook for hours and hours while rolling down the highway in all kinds of weather, including major snowstorms like we had the last couple days. Over cards I fell in love with another fellow madrigal singer who later became my trumpet player boyfriend--but during that madrigal year we were both innocent songbirds. I have always found it easy to fall in love over card games, especially if they tend to last a while. They play bridge up at the senior center every afternoon at 1pm. I’ll bet there are any number of flirtations going on around those tables.
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (5) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Pencils of Promise - Back to School Drive
"Pencils of Promise works with communities across the globe to build schools and create programs that provide education opportunities for children."
Managing Your Wealth
Our own TMFHockeypop from Rule Your Retirement fame on the TV show Managing Your Wealth.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Post of the Day:
Macro Economics

Should You Be an Index Investor?
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement