UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (27) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: ariechert Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 1489  
Subject: Re: Budget gotchas Date: 10/9/2003 5:18 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 3
Art, Can you share some of your recipies with chicken and rice?

Any thing different that you have come up with? - Foolkath

I do a lot of stir fry. I have to cook the chicken seperate from the vegetables because my wife is a vegetarian. I sometimes make "General Tsao's chicken". First I skin and debone the thighs, then I stir fry the meat, then add some soy sauce and hot pepper sauce and some sugar and garlic. I make a kind of coarse hot sauce with ground up red peppers that works real well in General Tsao's chicken, but if you don't have that you can use "Thai Red Chili Sauce for chicken" It's about $2.89 bottle at our local Oriental Grocery Store. It's got kind of a garlicky sweet peppery flavor and is delicious. General Tsao's chicken is cheap and very easy to make.

I also make chicken soup with rice or noodles. I boil chicken legs then strain the water to make sure there are no little pieces of bone, then add celery, onions, carrot, cooked rice, or noodles, and debone some of the chicken. My wife won't eat this because of the chicken broth. I buy Ramen Noodles and always have leftover flavor packets and I use them instead of chicken boullion. I usually only buy chicken or beef flavor ramen noodles.

Spanish Rice. Cook a big pot of rice. Set aside or overnight. Then fry up a bell pepper and onion in a wok. Use generous amount of olive oil. Use about a big tablespoon of chili powder and some salsa or old tomatoes if you have them, stir fry all together. Add some salt. About a teaspoon. Then add the rice. Also delicious with english peas and cooked carrots (cut square) in it. Stir it all together. If you like Cilantro (like parsley but a little more pungent) chop up some of that and add it to it. It's delicious. Because I don's add meat to this my wife will eat it.

I also like to bake chicken with barbecue sauce and serve over cooked rice. It's delicious. - Art
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (27) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Post of the Day:
Berkshire Hathaway

Brookfield Asset Management
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement