Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (7) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: Esconopeles Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 5113  
Subject: Art Contest and the ocean Date: 9/21/2009 12:05 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 3
FYI:

Encourage your students and colleagues’ students to submit entries for the J-aRt Contest. We welcome any artwork featuring our exciting and intrepid research vessel, JOIDES Resolution and her scientists and crew! Prizes include a visit to the winning school by members of the JR team. To learn more about the ship, visit www.joidesresolution.org. To enter, visit http://joidesresolution.org/node/446.

Contact us with any questions: art@oceanleadership.org
Print the post Back To Top
Author: jrdown Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 5078 of 5113
Subject: Re: Art Contest and the ocean Date: 9/21/2009 2:43 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
I appreciate how you always let us know of contests and/or marine info for those that are interested. Thanks!

Robyn

Author: Esconopeles Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 5079 of 5113
Subject: Re: Art Contest and the ocean Date: 9/22/2009 2:19 AM
Recommendations: 0
>>I appreciate how you always let us know of contests and/or marine info for those that are interested.<<

No problem. You know me and oceans. Despite being retired for 10 years, I am still fully committed to ocean education for both adults and kids.

How you doing these days? Not much action on the board these days.

-Gene

Author: jrdown Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 5080 of 5113
Subject: Re: Art Contest and the ocean Date: 9/22/2009 4:49 AM
Recommendations: 1

Doing well. Four graduates down and one to go. Paul is a junior this year so he will be done with high school in 2011.

Had a bit of flurry about changes in the homeschooling laws in Missouri but they ended up actually being in our favor. Some state leaders just have issues with choice and then they wanted to create homeschool credits that had to be earned but no definition of what constitutes a "credit". Usual government bureaucracy that we all take in stride. My son is way past the required graduating credits and just entered the 11th grade.

All-in-all we are encouraging him to delve into areas of interest that could become a career. Got to make sure he can support himself!

Robyn

Author: zsimpson Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 5081 of 5113
Subject: Re: Art Contest and the ocean Date: 9/24/2009 9:57 AM

We're just trying to stay dry. The girls are doing their usual stuff. Their taking the Junior Master Gardener Level II course, and several science courses. I need to get them both signed up for scuba, and Bunny for swim team. Muncho has been taking springboard diving, but she broke her wrist playing soccer and is out of commission for a couple weeks.
Homer decided to foist some renovations upon me:
http://boards.fool.com/Message.asp?mid=27919283

We're still building the new bookcase, and I have to do the crown molding in a couple weeks. I bought new curtains, and he has to add shoe molding to the floor. He also wants me to sand down the mantle and polyurethane it.

I'm also trying to handle the cooking, and baking, and canning of the food from the garden. I keep telling Homer, "The room doesn't have an expiration date, the food does."

We've had quite a bit of water here in Atlanta. Several areas are seriously flooded, and we've had 6 deaths directly from the floods, and several that were caused by the rains and the floods, but not directly. We saw sun for the first time in quite a while day before yesterday. It's been rather wild and wooly here in Hotlanta.
Kathleen

Author: Esconopeles Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 5082 of 5113
Subject: Re: Art Contest and the ocean Date: 9/24/2009 12:56 PM
>>We're just trying to stay dry.<<

"Moderation in all things." Wasn't it just two years ago that y'all were rationing water? Oh well, climate change is likely to increase the amplitude of these weather swings. The fires in California are unbelievable. Oregon has had a relatively cool summer with very few fires. Hope we're not next.

Author: zsimpson Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 5083 of 5113
Subject: Re: Art Contest and the ocean Date: 9/24/2009 2:18 PM
"Moderation in all things." Wasn't it just two years ago that y'all were rationing water? Oh well, climate change is likely to increase the amplitude of these weather swings. The fires in California are unbelievable. Oregon has had a relatively cool summer with very few fires. Hope we're not next.

Yep. One of my friends said, "Someone needs to tell Mother Nature it took us 4 years to get into the drought. She doesn't need to completely fix it in 4 days."
Kathleen

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (7) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement