UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (80) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: CCinOC Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 757494  
Subject: Re: Katie Talks about NDE's Date: 10/8/2012 11:12 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
Art wrote: My God is smarter than your God. My God was able to create a Universe where everyone learns what they are supposed to learn regardless of who they are, or where they live, or what they believe. My God was able to create a Universe where the soul's lessons are embedded in our everyday lives and it is holistically imprinted with what it needs to learn just as it goes about living its life.

I find this concept offensive.

What you're saying is that the entity (hologram, or force, or spirit or whatever you call it) that created the universe, with all its mystery, splendor and majesty, and then put people in it who're capable of great intellect, compassion, kindness, intensity and drive, but who're also capable of evil, malice, pain and injustice, will one day simply melt into delightful perfection with no demands whatsoever to answer for what we had been and what we did while we lived here. We just go about doing and believing whatever we wish, gathering "soul lessons"--negative and positive--and then one day poof! We join occupancy with other Beautiful Dreamers in a holographic universe that's everything we longed for and more--no questions asked.

Nonsense.

There will be a reckoning. I won't have to tolerate standing next to this world's most despicable despots who made this life sheer misery for so many. God is a loving God, but He is also a just God. Art, if you ever for once thoroughly analyzed the so called plan of salvation, you'd understand that its simplicity and grace smashes your "doesn't matter what you believe; it's all good in the end" theory to smithereens.

I agree with you that the Creator makes no mistakes. Creator has given us all free will. We blew it, but He has also given us an "out," so to speak, that satisfies His sense of justice while fully expressing His extreme love.

Please do yourself a favor. Take a break from absorbing NDEs. You must have read a thousand of them by now. Graduate to deep analysis of core concepts that if you're honest with yourself, do exist: right, wrong, justice, love, hate. I've mentioned this book before. While at times a difficult read, you can skim over the esoteric bits and easily get to the gist of the matter. God cares about right behavior and has a plan to rescue all of us from our propensity to not do the right thing at all times.

Here's the complete book in PDF format.

http://usminc.org/images/MereChristianitybyCSLewis.pdf
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (80) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Foolanthropy 2014!
By working with young, first-time moms, Nurse-Family Partnership is able to truly change lives – for generations to come.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Post of the Day:
Macro Economics

Looking at Currency Ratios
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement