No. of Recommendations: 2
art, you discount my yrs of being involved in dog obedience training and rescue work and training involved with working with all sorts of animals with and without abusive backgrounds.

We've talked about this before. Dennis Prager (conservative radio talk show host) has several times asked callers, "If you were in a life-threatening situation and you had the choice of saving your pet or a human stranger, which would you save?"

He has been appalled--as I would be--by all the people answering, "I'd save my pet." This is very telling--and not in a good way--about the condition of humankind. The fact that a vicious dog (of any breed) should not be immediately euthanized is something you really ought to think carefully about, in my opinion. Until you do, I hope you never have to confront such a choice.

Everything is easier than doing good.
http://www.jewishjournal.com/dennis_prager/article/everythin...

Similarly, it is a lot easier to fight carbon emissions than to fight evil.

It’s easier to love animals than to love people.

The secular West has produced many people who love animals more than human beings. Ask people who love their pet if they would first try to save a beloved dog or cat that was drowning or a human being they did not know who was also drowning. If my asking this question for over 30 years is any indication, a significant percentage would answer that they would first try to save their dog or cat. Why? Because, they say, they love their pet and they don’t love the stranger.

Contrary to what is widely believed, love of animals does not translate into love of people. While those who are cruel to animals will likely be cruel to people, the converse is not true. Love of animals has little to do with, and can often substitute for, love of people.

It’s easier to love humanity than to love your neighbor.

The greatest moral teaching of the Torah is, “Love your neighbor as yourself,” not “Love humanity [or “all people”] as yourself.” Why? Because it’s easy to love humanity; it’s much tougher to love our neighbor.

Look at the people in this video and ask yourself, "Are these people sane?" The owner of the attacking dog is so reluctant to beat the chit out of her dog that the smaller dog is terrorized for several minutes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qnzWgbdqerI
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement