UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (5) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: snippee Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 42338  
Subject: Article for new parents Date: 10/21/2012 10:42 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 3
I wish this had been written before Hobbes was born. I don't know any couples who are about to have their first - if i did, i'd share this with them:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/meredith-fein-lichtenberg/new-...
Print the post Back To Top
Author: tconi Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 41980 of 42338
Subject: Re: Article for new parents Date: 10/22/2012 8:01 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Hey- i will forward this to the the GF of GoMC's friend.
Probably the last firt-timer's I will know...

peace & Moxie,too
t

Author: fj40chik Two stars, 250 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 41981 of 42338
Subject: Re: Article for new parents Date: 10/22/2012 11:43 AM
Recommendations: 0
Thanks Snippee!

I know of 3 sets of first time parents that to which I will be sending this.

I feel like I was already exposed to many of these ideas since I used a midwife and did a natural birth, but not everyone goes that route. I think it's a great confidence booster for first time parents to feel a bit more empowered.

-fj

Author: stevenjklein Big funky green star, 20000 posts Feste Award Nominee! Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 41983 of 42338
Subject: Re: Article for new parents Date: 10/23/2012 9:51 PM
Recommendations: 1
When our son was born, one of the nurses told us that regulations required us to give him a name before leaving the hospital.

Before I could correct her, another nurse set her straight.

(We left the next day, with our then still unnamed son, and no guard stood at the door to block our path.)

Author: snippee Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 41985 of 42338
Subject: Re: Article for new parents Date: 10/24/2012 4:46 PM
Recommendations: 2
regulations required us to give him a name before leaving the hospital.

You know, if that were really true, i'd still be at the hospital, seven years later. I can't leave the place where nurses deal with the diapers and i get to lie in bed watching TV and having meals brought to me while occasionally chatting with my midwives and the lactation consultant? And this is supposed to be an incentive to pick a name?

I seriously would have tested that theory but our hospital was clued in - we had issues finalizing names for our dudes - and gave us instructions on what to do with the paperwork if it wasn't filled out when we left. Curses, foiled again.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (5) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement