Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 1
As a consequence, nothing was filed for 2006. Unearned income was $970 for 2006.

What needs to be done for 06? Amended 2006 return?

You can't amend a return because you didn't file one.

Just drag out some 2006 forms (or a 2006 copy of your favorite software) and complete the return. Mail in the tax return and the taxes due - there will be a few dollars owed - and the IRS will bill you for penalties and interest.

Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.