Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
As a follow-up to this line of questioning, what if you converted a traditional ira to a roth ira (done august of 98) but don't have any 8606's from previous years? It sounds like I'd have to fill out an 8606 for this years, simply stating that I was putting money into the roth, right?

This is for my wife, who isn't good with money, and had her sister do her taxes in the years before we got
married - I was lucky to get any statements at all.

Somebody please help if you can, thanks -
Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.