Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
As foo barista suggested, you aren't going to be able to not pay taxes on income. Incorporating as a C corp only makes it worse (double taxation), an S corp is equivalent to just paying it to yourself. Where the advantages come in is all of the deductions you get to make.

1) If he wrote at home you can deduct some home office
2) did he use a computer? You can deduct that
3) Did he go to business lunches? deductible
4) Miles for travelling?
5) Other business trips, doing research etc
6) internet connection
7) cell phone


With a corp you can have the corp pay all the expenses directly. Get a CPA and a lawyer. Try not to pay more than $500-1000 to incorporate.
Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.