UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (21) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: RECCLES4 Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 25048  
Subject: Re: New to me and you? Date: 2/25/2001 10:28 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
As for evolution it is seen everyday. Viruses change all the time, they evolve and are becoming more resistant to medicine all the time. If that is not proof of evolution what is?

Ok, I am not a scientist by trade but I do know the dif between MICRO and MACRO evolution. What you mention is Micro evolution and no one disputes this. It happens within our own body. Thats how we develope anti-bodies and such. The dispute comes when people try to translate Micro evolution to MACRO evolution.
There is absolutly no credible evidence to support Macro evolution-the complete changing of one species into a tofaly different one.
By the way, anybody see on PBS recently when they discused finding bones of man that seems to point that modern man came from Central and Southern Africa and NOT from Neanderthals in France? But some people WONT accept the evidence.

How about my friends cat? It has six toes on all of its feet. If a mutuation that changes something and that change takes over that is a form of evolution. Since seeing that cat I have seen others with six toes. Evolution!

Not exactly. Evolution would demand that ALL the descendants of this cat have 6 toes. By your def. joined human twins would be evolution. No, its just a mutation. Mutations are not evolution they are just acidents in nature that usualy get corrected by that individual not surviving.

Carbon dating on the Shroud of Turin would not be accurate the shroud is too contaminated by foreign carbon particles.

So carbon dating bones that have been exposed to the elements and dirt for centuries would produce more accurate results? I agree that there are problems with carbon dating especialy when you can get multiple dates from the same item. Dates that vary that widly prove that the system of carbon dating is far less than an acceptable scientific test method.

And yes Chris is correct "a man convinced against his will is of the same oppinion still" but then so is the person who REFUSES to accept the evidence that would force them to change thier oppinion. It seems that some evolutionist would have a melt down if there was proof that MACRO evolution didnt exist.

But then that is par for the course when you talk about anyones religious beliefs...and evolution is a religious belief.

rec

Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (21) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Pencils of Promise - Back to School Drive
"Pencils of Promise works with communities across the globe to build schools and create programs that provide education opportunities for children."
Managing Your Wealth
Our own TMFHockeypop from Rule Your Retirement fame on the TV show Managing Your Wealth.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement