Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (5) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: WillSommers Three stars, 500 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 28  
Subject: Re: lawsuit Date: 4/28/2000 9:09 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
As for those who wish to sell:
First, there is little interest or action on this board, which is good. This is an extremely quiet stock, so if you believe in their business model, it is a good chance to buy.
Additionally, there are virtually no brokerage firms that cover the company. Just one that I know of and it is not a major one-this means most brokers are not allowed to purchase this stock yet. Due to litigation risk, brokers are not allowed to purchase stocks which are not covered by certain instituitions.
Also, in case some missed it, GENI recently announced that they felt their shares were significantly undervalued and announced plans to repurchase shares. This buyback has already started.
Me, I am long as I have confience in GENI's core capability of marketing, first mover advantage, and it's ability to leverage these assets via the Internet.
The stock seems to have found support at about 14.5. Yet, due to the paltry volume traded, this stock could get hammered if the NASDAQ were to correct again.
Still, I am monitoring the company as it continues to build its Centerlinq system. People may buy on the Internet, but I believe consumers will always visit malls for the social aspect, to touch and feel products, for the ease and convenience of service and returns(much easier to go to the local mall, than the post office), and for the immediacy of purchase-at times, who can wait for that new sweater or CD, or pay extra for express shipping.
As this is a company with a small folllowing and little public attention, I would greatly appreciate any thoughts/information from others.
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (5) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

2013 Feste Award Voting Begins!
Who will win the 2013 Feste Award? Vote now for the Fool that most exemplifies the Fool Community mission of Learning Together!
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Post of the Day:
Berkshire Hathaway

The American Energy Revolution
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement