UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (35) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: PSUEngineer Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 308881  
Subject: Re: Credit Card Perks Date: 5/1/2012 11:49 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 21
As for whether it's fraudulent, that's a strong implication coming from someone with "engineer" in their handle. If you are not mis-representing yourself and are truly an engineer, then you're certainly not an expert on business or tax-law. I'm not either, but here's what I know:

Yes, I'm an engineer. Thankyouverymuch. Your suggestion further up the thread was a suggestion that people open a business credit card even if they are not a business. In other words, use a business card for personal purchases. Since as you say I'm not a business law person, I can't say your suggestion rises to the point of actual fraud that is actionable in court. What your suggestion does is violate the terms of the credit card application. This is a fact that I was pointing out. I'll point it out again even though I already did in my response to joel.
------------
By submitting the application:

- I certify that I have read and agree to all terms, conditions, authorizations and disclosures provided with this credit application and that all information provided is true and correct.
- I agree this is a business account and shall only be used for business purposes and not for personal, family or household use.

-----------

If you've ever made money on the side - whether from a rummage sale, ebay/Etsy/Zazzle sale, fixing someone's computer/car/plumbing etc., from ads you put up on your blog - then you should've reported it to the IRS (and if you're telling me you've never made money on the side from anything anywhere or have and always reported it to the IRS then I know who's being fraudulent ;) you're supposed to report it as business income.

No, I don't make money on the side. If I've ever fixed anyone's computer, plumbing or other household maintenance, I've never taken money for it. I do it because I like to help. I don't have a blog so there are not any ads. Any sales that I may have done in the past during a garage sale or on craigslist are not taxable. I don't mess with the IRS or state tax office. I report all of my use tax to the state which many people do not.

You can make all the accusations about me that you want, you can infer that I'm fraudulent with the IRS and you can say I'm not an engineer but it was not me who suggested to other posters that they ignore the terms of the credit card application.

PSU
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (35) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

TMF Credit Center
The Motley Fool Credit Center arms you with real tools and simple messages, that will help you in every credit situation.
Pencils of Promise - Back to School Drive
"Pencils of Promise works with communities across the globe to build schools and create programs that provide education opportunities for children."
Post of the Day:
Macro Economics

Russia Collapsing Again?
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement