UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: acv Three stars, 500 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 160  
Subject: Re: conflict of interest? Date: 11/17/1999 3:50 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
As I mentioned before first and foremost decide what risk reward ratio and time frame is appropriate for you. Usually day trading isnt a good option for busy folks (docs or not). I have heard of a dentist who trades between patients but that is another story.

In terms of finding companies the fool is a good place to start. They have several books which I would recommend and you can get them from the sight. Easy reads commonsence and help you sort out some thoughts as to what is best for you (The best ones IMO are Rule Makers Rule Breakers and the investment guide). I would also say look at the boards of companies you are interested in. Those you are most interested in you should visit their web sites, read their quarterly reports. One other thing that I do sometimes is that if I see someone who seems to be a good poster Ill look at their profile. It might list some of their favourite stocks, you can also look at their last few posts and see what they are righting about. Finally you can see who their favourite fools are and than check them out too. You will soon have lots of potential companies to choose from.

Almost forgot excite and yahoo both have good sites as well, they provide links to news, to historical charts etc.

While you are at it fill in your own profile, recommend posts you like and push the smiley face if you like someone (they than are on your favourite fools list). Participate ask ?s and dont forget to amuse it is a key component of the fool mission.

Good luck

Jeff
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Post of the Day:
Value Hounds

Medallion Financial: TAXI!
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement