Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (6) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: jpilger Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 475  
Subject: Re: KLAC GURU NEEDED Date: 7/16/2001 2:11 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
As promised, I'll share whatever I find out. I must say that I just read the May 14, 2001 Quarterly report and didn't find any answers to my questions. The Annual report offers a few insights though it was released some time ago, Sept. 28, 2000. Nevertheless, here's what I've found out related to customers...

CUSTOMERS

To support our growing, global customer base, we maintain a significant presence throughout the United States, Europe, Asia-Pacific and Japan, staffed with local sales and applications engineers, customer and field service engineers and yield management consultants. We count among our largest customers leading semiconductor manufacturers from each of these regions. In fiscal 2000, 1999 and 1998, no single customer accounted for more than 10% of our revenues.

Our business depends upon the capital expenditures of semiconductor manufacturers, which in turn depend on the current and anticipated market demand for integrated circuits and products utilizing integrated circuits. We do not consider our business to be seasonal in nature, but it is cyclical with respect to the capital equipment procurement practices of semiconductor manufacturers
and is impacted by the investment patterns of such manufacturers in different global markets. Downturns in the semiconductor industry or slowdowns in the worldwide economy could have a material adverse effect on our future business and financial results.

I'm encouraged by KLAC's customer base being fairly broad. However, has this changed with the slowdown in the industry and are the manufacturers themselves R&Ding to ween themselves away from the KLAC's?

Who are KLAC's competitors and where do they stand? It seems that a lot of the products produced by KLAC are patentable, which may widen the "moat" a bit more...I'll continue to chip away at these questions and will share what I find out. Hopefully the real Guru will show up and elighten us all.

jp
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (6) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement