Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (5) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: desertdaveataol Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 2732  
Subject: As y'all know I collect empty aluminum cans. Date: 7/2/2013 4:29 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 2
Patience grasshopper, patience.

http://i.imgur.com/3ZJSXIg.jpg
Print the post Back To Top
Author: Eugeneous Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 2721 of 2732
Subject: Re: As y'all know I collect empty aluminum cans. Date: 7/7/2013 2:04 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
That one get away when you stomped on it? :~)

Eugene

Author: desertdaveataol Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 2722 of 2732
Subject: Re: As y'all know I collect empty aluminum cans. Date: 7/7/2013 3:01 PM
Recommendations: 1
That one get away when you stomped on it? :~)

Actually I got that pic from reddit ( http://www.reddit.com/r/pics/ ) so I can't claim credit for the shot.

But I have had empty aluminum cans "run" away from me on windy days;-)

On the fifth I took three of those plastic T-shirt bags with me on my rounds because I expected lots of cans from viewers of the fireworks the night before.

I wasn't disappointed and had to scrounge a fourth bag along the way.

I use an Ettore Grip & Grab that I got at Lowe's so I won't have to bend over.

http://www.plumbersurplus.com/images/prod/5/Ettore-Products-...

I've got two 30 gallon bags of cans out back to take to the church lady later.

Author: Donna405 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 2723 of 2732
Subject: Re: As y'all know I collect empty aluminum cans. Date: 7/7/2013 7:12 PM
DD, I really admire your picking up the cans for the church lady. Not only are you getting good exercise, but the charity certainly derives a great benefit.

Donna

Author: desertdaveataol Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 2724 of 2732
Subject: Re: As y'all know I collect empty aluminum cans. Date: 7/7/2013 7:47 PM
Thank you for recommending this post to our Best of feature.

DD, I really admire your picking up the cans for the church lady. Not only are you getting good exercise, but the charity certainly derives a great benefit.

Thanks, it's nice to get some admiration. When I first started doing it my wife/walking companion didn't want me to for fear her friends would see her with a bum.

Gradually she accepted my hobby to the point where she'd point out cans to me. Then to the point where she'd pick'em up and bring'em to the bag.

Nowadays if she takes her walk before I do she'll hide cans in the bushes and tell me where to look.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (5) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement