UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (51) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: 2828 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 736947  
Subject: Ascenzm, You're the deciding vote Date: 10/6/2012 4:42 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 5
http://creepingsharia.wordpress.com/2012/10/06/muslim-congre...

Translated: Minnesota’s Keith Hakim Ellison (D – Islam) wants to tax Americans more to transplant more mostly Muslim “refugees” to towns and cities already broke and without jobs. Forever transforming them, burdening the education, law enforcement and health services systems, among many other things. via Ellison Introduces “Strengthening Refugee Resettlement Act”.

“America’s refugee program should reflect our values of generosity and inclusion for all Americans—new and old. The ‘Strengthening Refugee Resettlement Act’ achieves this by making sure refugee families have the resources they need to be self-sufficient as quickly as possible. Strengthening support not only helps the 34,000 refugees who have come to Minnesota since 2000, but improves America’s image abroad.”
--------------------------------------------------------------
Yes, just what we need, more disgruntled nutjobs here in the states telling us we need to bend to their will. With all due respect, i'd rather fund Big Bird.
Print the post Back To Top
Author: ascenzm Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 647455 of 736947
Subject: Re: Ascenzm, You're the deciding vote Date: 10/6/2012 8:02 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 3

Are you insinuating that I don't care for Muslims? <g>

I like 'em just fine as long as they live and stay in the Middle East

Mike

Author: wolverine307 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 647457 of 736947
Subject: Re: Ascenzm, You're the deciding vote Date: 10/6/2012 8:06 PM
Recommendations: 5
but improves America’s image abroad.

I noticed that as they killed our ambassador and hold anti-American rallies all over the Middle Eaast. I wonder what they'd do if they hated us?

I'm with Mike. Let them stay over there and kill each other.

Author: arrete Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 647462 of 736947
Subject: Re: Ascenzm, You're the deciding vote Date: 10/6/2012 8:32 PM
Recommendations: 0

---------------

I don't mind if they're here (and we have lots) as long as they aren't planning to blow us up, insist on special treatment, and condemn all loonies, including their own.

arrete

Author: JLC Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 647506 of 736947
Subject: Re: Ascenzm, You're the deciding vote Date: 10/7/2012 10:04 AM
Recommendations: 18
I don't mind if they're here (and we have lots) as long as they aren't planning to blow us up, insist on special treatment, and condemn all loonies, including their own.

I always find it ironic that some people groups come here to escape their hell whole of a home country and then want to turn around and try and convert the USA into the hell whole they just escaped.

JLC

Author: warrl Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 647560 of 736947
Subject: Re: Ascenzm, You're the deciding vote Date: 10/7/2012 5:38 PM
Recommendations: 1

I see a certain justice in treating people according to the standards they set forth.

Islamists think it's okay and in accordance with their religion to murder a person for following a religion you don't approve of - even children too young to really have a religion, if their parents follow a non-approved religion. I don't approve of a religion that supports this notion, so by this standard it would be okay to murder Islamists and their children.

(But not *sane* Muslims.)

Author: wolverine307 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 647561 of 736947
Subject: Re: Ascenzm, You're the deciding vote Date: 10/7/2012 5:40 PM
I don't approve of a religion that supports this notion, so by this standard it would be okay to murder Islamists and their children.

Even if they're nice?

Author: warrl Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 647564 of 736947
Subject: Re: Ascenzm, You're the deciding vote Date: 10/7/2012 5:44 PM
Recommendations: 2

And before they demand that communications which demean and insult religions be banned, they should look at what the Koran has to say about various other religions. Do they REALLY want to have their own holy book banned?

Author: ariechert Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 647578 of 736947
Subject: Re: Ascenzm, You're the deciding vote Date: 10/7/2012 7:25 PM
"2828, Are you insinuating that I don't care for Muslims? <g> I like 'em just fine as long as they live and stay in the Middle East." - Mike

I suspicion they feel the same way about us. If it were up to me I'd let them sort it out amongst themselves.

Artie

Author: ariechert Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 647579 of 736947
Subject: Re: Ascenzm, You're the deciding vote Date: 10/7/2012 7:31 PM
Recommendations: 4
"I don't mind if they're here (and we have lots) as long as they aren't planning to blow us up, insist on special treatment, and condemn all loonies, including their own." - arrete

And Iman preaching terrorism from a Mosque pulpit would be instantly sent back to wherever the hell they came from. Anyone involved in planning terrorism within the United States would be given an automatic 10 year sentence and at the end of 10 years automatically sent back to wherever the hell they came from.

Anyone caught actually participating in a terrorist strike within the United States would be taken out back of the courthouse and humanely euthanized with a bullet in the medulla oblongata.

"I'm a peace loving man and there's nothing more peaceful than a dead man." - Zachariah

Artie

Author: ascenzm Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 647581 of 736947
Subject: Re: Ascenzm, You're the deciding vote Date: 10/7/2012 7:39 PM
And Iman preaching terrorism from a Mosque pulpit would be instantly sent back to wherever the hell they came from. Anyone involved in planning terrorism within the United States would be given an automatic 10 year sentence and at the end of 10 years automatically sent back to wherever the hell they came from.

Anyone caught actually participating in a terrorist strike within the United States would be taken out back of the courthouse and humanely euthanized with a bullet in the medulla oblongata.

"I'm a peace loving man and there's nothing more peaceful than a dead man." - Zachariah

Artie

Art for president!

Mike

Author: warrl Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 647585 of 736947
Subject: Re: Ascenzm, You're the deciding vote Date: 10/7/2012 7:51 PM
I do think that the next time we're involved in a war in a Muslim country we ought to announce "We respect mosques, but ammunition storage facilities and firing points get blown up even if they happen to also be mosques - and if you stand in the mosque calling for death, expect death to answer you where you stand."

Author: ariechert Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 647602 of 736947
Subject: Re: Ascenzm, You're the deciding vote Date: 10/7/2012 8:30 PM
"Art for president!" - Mike

That will never happen. Too many skeletons in my closet. The Mustard colored couch incident when I was fifteen years old alone would probably be enough to keep me out of the Oval office. The first time I ever had sex, 19 years old, was when I was seduced by a chubby 41 year old married woman. And yes I smoked pot some in college and yes I inhaled. How about my crazy mixed up Taoist/Spiritualist, NDE, death bed vision, holographic universe beliefs?

Can you imagine how all this would play out in the media?

Artie

Author: bighairymike Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 647615 of 736947
Subject: Re: Ascenzm, You're the deciding vote Date: 10/7/2012 10:27 PM
"Art for president!" - Mike

That will never happen. Too many skeletons in my closet. The Mustard colored couch incident when I was fifteen years old alone would probably be enough to keep me out of the Oval office. The first time I ever had sex, 19 years old, was when I was seduced by a chubby 41 year old married woman. And yes I smoked pot some in college and yes I inhaled. How about my crazy mixed up Taoist/Spiritualist, NDE, death bed vision, holographic universe beliefs?

Artie

-------------

Who cares? What kind of free stuff will you give me?

Author: ascenzm Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 647654 of 736947
Subject: Re: Ascenzm, You're the deciding vote Date: 10/8/2012 10:36 AM

Artie

Dang it Art, those are resume enhancers. <g> Just say you're a liberal Democrat and be pro-abortion and you're good to go.

Mike

Author: ariechert Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 647659 of 736947
Subject: Re: Ascenzm, You're the deciding vote Date: 10/8/2012 10:57 AM
"Dang it Art, those are resume enhancers. <g> Just say you're a liberal Democrat and be pro-abortion and you're good to go." - Mike

I'm not so much for legalized abortion as I see it as being a necessary evil. There are hundreds of thousands of aborted rug-rats. What the heck are we going to do with all those kids. I don't want them and I sure as heck don't want to pay to take care of them. Heck, no one wants the half-grown crumb snatchers that flood our foster care system now.

Oh yeah, they want cute little perfect babies but once they get teeth and talk back and wreck your car no one wants them. Just like half grown 6 month old dogs, no one wants them.

Art

Author: decath Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 647661 of 736947
Subject: Re: Ascenzm, You're the deciding vote Date: 10/8/2012 11:08 AM
Wolve
I'm with Mike. Let them stay over there and kill each other.

That's why I apposed the Iraq war. As much as I hated Saddam and his family, he did a fair amount of killing militant Islamic nutjobs and now in his absense, Iran is more powerful than ever.

Stupid Republicans and their nation building.

decath

Author: decath Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 647665 of 736947
Subject: Re: Ascenzm, You're the deciding vote Date: 10/8/2012 11:17 AM

Artie

If you run as a democrat, it won't be a problem at all Art. Obama is a Chicago, America hating radical who had dangerous mentors the likes of Jeremiah Wright etc.... Despite being the worse President ever, and spending us into oblivion, he has a good chance of being reelected. The media adores him.

Contrast to Romney. A quireboy with a spotless past and the media has made him out to be the the "Great Satan".

decath

Author: ascenzm Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 647682 of 736947
Subject: Re: Ascenzm, You're the deciding vote Date: 10/8/2012 12:12 PM
Oh yeah, they want cute little perfect babies but once they get teeth and talk back and wreck your car no one wants them. Just like half grown 6 month old dogs, no one wants them.

Art

LOL. It's funny you mention kid wrecking cars. About 15 minutes ago I was talking to a co-worker who mentioned that his 17 year old daughter totaled his Jeep. She got a text message on her cell phone, bent over to check the text and lost control of the Jeep. She luckily was not hurt, but she totaled the Jeep. Cell phones should be kept off when driving if the driver does not have the will power to ignore an incoming call or text.

Mike

Author: lowstudent Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 647685 of 736947
Subject: Re: Ascenzm, You're the deciding vote Date: 10/8/2012 12:28 PM
LOL. It's funny you mention kid wrecking cars. About 15 minutes ago I was talking to a co-worker who mentioned that his 17 year old daughter totaled his Jeep. She got a text message on her cell phone, bent over to check the text and lost control of the Jeep. She luckily was not hurt, but she totaled the Jeep. Cell phones should be kept off when driving if the driver does not have the will power to ignore an incoming call or text.

Mike

Heck, we mandate seat belts being in cars and mandate using them

Let's make all cars with a white noise type function that stops cell phones from inside the car while the engine is on and allows GPS to function.

Even hands free is just not a very good idea, screw it let's go for it. Passengers on the phone is a pain in the butt too. If we can make em stop working while folks are walking then let's do that too, and at the mall sitting on benches yelling at themselves, and on train, my God what morons.

cell phones in general really release my inner curmudgeon

Author: wolverine307 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 647687 of 736947
Subject: Re: Ascenzm, You're the deciding vote Date: 10/8/2012 12:38 PM
Let's make all cars with a white noise type function that stops cell phones from inside the car while the engine is on and allows GPS to function.

I'd go for that as long as there is a 911 option to let the person being chased to call for help while trying to run from trouble.

Author: warrl Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 647688 of 736947
Subject: Re: Ascenzm, You're the deciding vote Date: 10/8/2012 12:41 PM
A quireboy with a spotless past and the media has made him out to be the the "Great Satan".

A quireboy is what you get after you accidentally run Pinocchio through a paper-making plant.

Author: arrete Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 647691 of 736947
Subject: Re: Ascenzm, You're the deciding vote Date: 10/8/2012 1:07 PM
A quireboy with a spotless past and the media has made him out to be the the "Great Satan".

A quireboy is what you get after you accidentally run Pinocchio through a paper-making plant.
---------------

Spelling is not decath's strong suit. <g>

arrete

Author: ascenzm Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 647701 of 736947
Subject: Re: Ascenzm, You're the deciding vote Date: 10/8/2012 2:47 PM

arrete

In his defense, "quire" does sound lot more like choir than does "choir". <g>

Mike, who is old enough to have attended public school when students actually learned how to read, write, spell and do arithmetic. The teachers back then were actually dedicated to teaching and did not go on strike. I find that reading a lot helps my spelling.

Author: JLC Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 647711 of 736947
Subject: Re: Ascenzm, You're the deciding vote Date: 10/8/2012 4:32 PM

So when your family member is dire need of an emergency c-section, but the hospital can't get hold of me because I'm cruising the countryside in my new convertible on a gorgeous fall afternoon, you're willing to let them die because some jackwagons can't be responsible.

Sounds too Big Brotherish.

JLC

Author: telegraph Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 647712 of 736947
Subject: Re: Ascenzm, You're the deciding vote Date: 10/8/2012 4:34 PM
"Let's make all cars with a white noise type function that stops cell phones from inside the car while the engine is on and allows GPS to function."

You meant in the driver seat only right?

t.

Author: decath Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 647719 of 736947
Subject: Re: Ascenzm, You're the deciding vote Date: 10/8/2012 4:54 PM

arrete

I have so little.

decath

Author: decath Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 647721 of 736947
Subject: Re: Ascenzm, You're the deciding vote Date: 10/8/2012 4:56 PM

arrete

What's sad is that sometimes I'll go ahead and proofread my posts. Then for good measure, cut/paste them into a spell checker and still get a few grammatical/spelling errors.

What a loser.

decath

Author: fleg9bo Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 647723 of 736947
Subject: Re: Ascenzm, You're the deciding vote Date: 10/8/2012 5:12 PM
What a loser.

At least you didn't spell it "looser."

--fleg

Author: wolverine307 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 647725 of 736947
Subject: Re: Ascenzm, You're the deciding vote Date: 10/8/2012 5:20 PM
I have so little

Not true, I gave you a rec.

Author: lowstudent Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 647727 of 736947
Subject: Re: Ascenzm, You're the deciding vote Date: 10/8/2012 5:43 PM
So when your family member is dire need of an emergency c-section, but the hospital can't get hold of me because I'm cruising the countryside in my new convertible on a gorgeous fall afternoon, you're willing to let them die because some jackwagons can't be responsible.

Sounds too Big Brotherish.

No got that covered

You can get a signal in, but not emit. That should about cover it. Then the GPS signal for the car could be out of the passenger area and all would be fine with that too. You could recieve texts etc

BTW -- tongue in cheek, I don't care if you are dumb enough to not wear a seat belt either and if you want to smoke as well that is fine too.

Though to be honest I think doing anything where both hands are not available should be clearly ticketable, whether it be eating a bagel, putting on makeup of talking on a cell phone, let alone what came to mind for 2828

Author: lowstudent Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 647728 of 736947
Subject: Re: Ascenzm, You're the deciding vote Date: 10/8/2012 5:46 PM
What's sad is that sometimes I'll go ahead and proofread my posts. Then for good measure, cut/paste them into a spell checker and still get a few grammatical/spelling errors.

Man up buddy.

I looked it up, your spelling is actually an alternate spelling for choir in one of the dictionaries(sorry I won't look it up again, but it as their)

So man up, never admit a mistake, in particular an obvious one.

Author: ascenzm Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 647729 of 736947
Subject: Re: Ascenzm, You're the deciding vote Date: 10/8/2012 5:49 PM
I looked it up, your spelling is actually an alternate spelling for choir in one of the dictionaries(sorry I won't look it up again, but it as their

lowstudent

Uh oh. "is there" <g>

Mike

Author: arrete Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 647751 of 736947
Subject: Re: Ascenzm, You're the deciding vote Date: 10/8/2012 8:12 PM
Man up buddy.

I looked it up, your spelling is actually an alternate spelling for choir in one of the dictionaries(sorry I won't look it up again, but it as their)

So man up, never admit a mistake, in particular an obvious one.
--------------------

Hmmm, spelling advice from lowstudent. Though I think his are more fat-finger typing.

arrete - I love you guys. Teacher in 6th grade announced that I spelled the same word two different ways in the same essay. So? Thom Jefferson did, too.

Author: andrew61 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 647771 of 736947
Subject: Re: Ascenzm, You're the deciding vote Date: 10/8/2012 10:25 PM

Artie

I couldn't be President either. I've done things that would frighten fish. <grin>

-andrew, heard that line again in the Steel Magnolias remake last night... remake wasn't very good, IMHO... they should've left it alone

Author: andrew61 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 647772 of 736947
Subject: Re: Ascenzm, You're the deciding vote Date: 10/8/2012 10:26 PM
Recommendations: 4

Artie

-------------

Who cares? What kind of free stuff will you give me?

A squirrel in every pot, and roadkill in every freezer.

Author: andrew61 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 647773 of 736947
Subject: Re: Ascenzm, You're the deciding vote Date: 10/8/2012 10:33 PM
Mike, who is old enough to have attended public school when students actually learned how to read, write, spell and do arithmetic. The teachers back then were actually dedicated to teaching and did not go on strike. I find that reading a lot helps my spelling.

Bah, humbug. You're only a few years older than me... and I remember the Cleveland teachers going on strike during my senior year of high school (1978). They were out so long that when they finally went back, the kids had to go to school during Christmas and Easter vacations, plus a number of Saturdays, to make up the days missed. And even then the school year ended late. (I got lucky and dodged all this, however, as I ended up in a suburban school district right at the start of my senior year due to a sudden change in family situation.)

Author: andrew61 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 647774 of 736947
Subject: Re: Ascenzm, You're the deciding vote Date: 10/8/2012 10:35 PM

What a loser.

decath

You're lucky your spell checker didn't change "quireboy" to "queerboy". <grin>

Author: andrew61 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 647775 of 736947
Subject: Re: Ascenzm, You're the deciding vote Date: 10/8/2012 10:38 PM
What a loser.

At least you didn't spell it "looser."

--fleg

GEORGE: And then I hear this rabbi on television, I mean imagine.

ELAINE: I'm really sorry George, I, I, I wasn't jealous of you. It was just the whole marriage thing.

GEORGE: Ya know, I was just a little surprised.

JERRY: Why would anyone eat canned fruit? I mean can anybody answer that?

GEORGE: What about all the loser stuff?

ELAINE: I don't know where the rabbi got that. Ya know I never said that. I said "I've never seen you looser".

Author: wolverine307 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 647776 of 736947
Subject: Re: Ascenzm, You're the deciding vote Date: 10/8/2012 10:38 PM
You're lucky your spell checker didn't change "quireboy" to "queerboy". <grin>

I like how you don't take yourself so seriously. Have a rec.

Author: bighairymike Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 647777 of 736947
Subject: Re: Ascenzm, You're the deciding vote Date: 10/8/2012 10:52 PM
So man up, never admit a mistake, in particular an obvious one. - lowstudent

-----------------

"Never say you were wrong. It's a sign of weakness."

Jethro Gibbs, NCIS

Author: lowstudent Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 647804 of 736947
Subject: Re: Ascenzm, You're the deciding vote Date: 10/9/2012 6:31 AM
Hmmm, spelling advice from lowstudent. Though I think his are more fat-finger typing.

Yeah, that and and a too lazy to proofread and you have the English teacher equivalent of a ham and Swiss sandwich to a Kosher Rabbi.

I hate to admit it, but a little lazy and an inattention to detail does make my posting style have some similarities to Obama's presidency. Fortunately I have smaller ears.

Author: fleg9bo Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 647852 of 736947
Subject: Re: Ascenzm, You're the deciding vote Date: 10/9/2012 11:32 AM
I spelled the same word two different ways in the same essay. So? Thom Jefferson did, too.

Thom had an excuse -- no dictionaries.

--fleg

Author: JLC Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 647855 of 736947
Subject: Re: Ascenzm, You're the deciding vote Date: 10/9/2012 11:43 AM
No got that covered

You can get a signal in, but not emit.

BBBBUUUUUUUUZZZZZZZZZZZ!!!!!!!

Wrong answer, but thanks for playing.

So they can say, we need you hurry. But I can't ask any questions about the patient, many of which can be life and death. And I arrive to the OR totally unprepared instead of the staff getting things I'll need for this "oddball" case that had something seriously go wrong with aneshesia last time. So now its taking me 20-30 minutes to get this extra equipment and drugs together. And seconds count.

Tic, tic, tic, tic. Call the morgue for a special delivery.

JLC

Author: arrete Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 647873 of 736947
Subject: Re: Ascenzm, You're the deciding vote Date: 10/9/2012 12:53 PM
Thom had an excuse -- no dictionaries.
---------------

Sure he did.

Dr. Johnson's "A Dictionary of the English Language" was published in 1755
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samuel_Johnson

arrete

Author: fleg9bo Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 647876 of 736947
Subject: Re: Ascenzm, You're the deciding vote Date: 10/9/2012 1:02 PM
Sure he did.

Dr. Johnson's "A Dictionary of the English Language" was published in 1755

You can't prove that Jefferson had a copy. And even if he did, he would have stopped using it after the Boston Tea party for patriotic reasons.

--fleg

Author: arrete Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 647878 of 736947
Subject: Re: Ascenzm, You're the deciding vote Date: 10/9/2012 1:17 PM
You can't prove that Jefferson had a copy.
-----------------------------

Yes I can. It's number 13 in this search on Jefferson's personal library.
http://www.librarything.com/catalog/ThomasJefferson&deep...

Never challenge someone who did research for a living.

arrete

Author: fleg9bo Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 647879 of 736947
Subject: Re: Ascenzm, You're the deciding vote Date: 10/9/2012 1:21 PM
You can't prove that Jefferson had a copy.
-----------------------------

Yes I can. It's number 13 in this search on Jefferson's personal library.

I suspect that his misspellings were a result of his use of the English-Dutch dictionary that's number 12 on the list.

--fleg

Author: andrew61 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 647913 of 736947
Subject: Re: Ascenzm, You're the deciding vote Date: 10/9/2012 3:01 PM
You can't prove that Jefferson had a copy. And even if he did, he would have stopped using it after the Boston Tea party for patriotic reasons.

--fleg

Ha! What better way to rebel than to corrupt the King's English!

Author: katinga Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Ticker Guide Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 647968 of 736947
Subject: Re: Ascenzm, You're the deciding vote Date: 10/9/2012 10:40 PM
I have both a friend and a son who are bicyclists. Both got hit by people talking on a cell phone in the past couple weeks. Luckily neither were injured. DS has decided not to bicycle to work anymore. Friend will keep bicycling, though he's had two incidents with vehicles in the past few years.

I also crashed my bicycle into a car that turned in front of me, though in that case a cell phone wasn't implicated (and I wasn't seriously injured).

Author: ariechert Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 647975 of 736947
Subject: Re: Ascenzm, You're the deciding vote Date: 10/9/2012 11:32 PM
"I have both a friend and a son who are bicyclists. Both got hit by people talking on a cell phone in the past couple weeks. Luckily neither were injured. DS has decided not to bicycle to work anymore. Friend will keep bicycling, though he's had two incidents with vehicles in the past few years.

I also crashed my bicycle into a car that turned in front of me, though in that case a cell phone wasn't implicated (and I wasn't seriously injured)." - katinga

-----

My wife had a cousin that died in a bicycle accident a couple of years ago. He was about 49 years old, married with 5 kids. He was really into excersize and staying healthy and he bicycled for health. I think he was hit by a car. They lived just south of Memphis, TN in Mississippi.

Art

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (51) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement