UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (11) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: LuckyDog2002 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 734704  
Subject: Aspergers poll on MTAR board Date: 11/22/2012 11:24 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
Interesting

I got a 35.

Eek!

Some of the questions are maybes and or sometimes for me.

LD

P.s. no bird cooking here
Print the post Back To Top
Author: telegraph Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 656524 of 734704
Subject: Re: Aspergers poll on MTAR board Date: 11/22/2012 11:40 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
no bird cooking here either.

THink I'll head to Golden Corral or Furrs for thanksgiving feast.

First year in about 10 years I didn't head to MD for turkey. Sister and family up north in upstate NY.......where new grandkid was born yesterday...... too many people and too far to drive up that way.

t.

Author: vkg Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 656531 of 734704
Subject: Re: Aspergers poll on MTAR board Date: 11/22/2012 1:27 PM
Recommendations: 0
I didn't try to find this quiz, but I have fallen in the "autism spectrum range" in others. It isn't unusual for someone who has an engineering degree. It also is meaningless.

Author: LuckyDog2002 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 656533 of 734704
Subject: Re: Aspergers poll on MTAR board Date: 11/22/2012 2:18 PM
I didn't try to find this quiz, but I have fallen in the "autism spectrum range" in others. It isn't unusual for someone who has an engineering degree. It also is meaningless.
Vkg

---------

True that. I think my being so shy and withdrawn with no help from parents on developing social skills really hindered my development. I have come a long way since then and just keep striving forward.

I hate labels though, when I think of someone with aspergers it's in a negative light. We all have challenges though.

LD

P.s. I just backed out of having dinner with brother and his family, I'm exhausted but I want to eat turkey.

Author: arrete Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 656539 of 734704
Subject: Re: Aspergers poll on MTAR board Date: 11/22/2012 3:15 PM
True that. I think my being so shy and withdrawn with no help from parents on developing social skills really hindered my development. I have come a long way since then and just keep striving forward.

I hate labels though, when I think of someone with aspergers it's in a negative light. We all have challenges though.
-----------------

So much of that test applies to introverts who might not have any real asperger's traits. I dislike large social function, cocktail parties, etc. But I also don't remember numbers and stuff like that. My score was 25 - probably totally driven by my introversion.

arrete

Author: LuckyDog2002 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 656550 of 734704
Subject: Re: Aspergers poll on MTAR board Date: 11/22/2012 7:45 PM
I just noticed that I didn't post a link. Ack,
On the link there is a questionnaire on a wired.com site concerning aspergers.

http://boards.fool.com/poll-totally-ot-aspergers-syndrome-30...

Author: ariechert Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 656556 of 734704
Subject: Re: Aspergers poll on MTAR board Date: 11/22/2012 8:08 PM
"Interesting, I got a 35. Eek!Some of the questions are maybes and or sometimes for me. LD, P.s. no bird cooking here"

I've taken several Asperger's syndrome online tests and I always come up right on the edge. Like a "34". Asperger's runs in our family. I say inappropriate things, difficulty communicating with people. Don't give a crap what other people say or think, don't watch other people's facial expressions mostly because I don't care.

All that NDE and holographic universe stuff? Blame it on asperger's. People with asperger's have like two or three hobbies that they are like really into and they obsessively dwell on. Things they know a whole bunch about.

I figure I have a "touch of asperger's." So please forgive me when I say inappropriate things.

Art

Author: ariechert Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 656558 of 734704
Subject: Re: Aspergers poll on MTAR board Date: 11/22/2012 8:28 PM
"I just noticed that I didn't post a link. Ack,
On the link there is a questionnaire on a wired.com site concerning aspergers." luckydog

http://boards.fool.com/poll-totally-ot-aspergers-syndrome-30......

Went and took the test. Scored a 38.

Art

Author: andrew61 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 656774 of 734704
Subject: Re: Aspergers poll on MTAR board Date: 11/24/2012 8:46 PM
I got a 33. Not surprising, based on similar tests I've taken in the past.

Author: AOLFoolman100 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 656780 of 734704
Subject: Re: Aspergers poll on MTAR board Date: 11/24/2012 9:24 PM
I bet I'm a bit on the mathematically minded, Aspergers side.

OK.....let's do some thinking here, can we? How much do you trust in a test in which subjective answers to one's personality is required??

Testing bias anyone??

Good grief.... Can you see a statistical testing problem here? Oh, someone who wants to appear "very social" when questioned, says "I like to be with people when I eat", when in reality he hasn't had dinner with family or friends in 3 weeks.

These types of tests permit subjective personal views to enter one's own personal assessment!!

Objective tests, like an IQ test, doesn't allow personal self assesssments to answer questions like what is the square root of 225.

The point is that how you WANT to see yourself is going to seep into your responses about How Social You are.......can you imagine?

If you really want to be objective is to gather 5 friends and maybe 10 coworkers to answer these types of personality questions.....but to leave it up to the PERSON being evaluated?.....are you kidding?

The results will be what the person wants to be..

Author: andrew61 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 656903 of 734704
Subject: Re: Aspergers poll on MTAR board Date: 11/26/2012 12:03 AM
OK.....let's do some thinking here, can we? How much do you trust in a test in which subjective answers to one's personality is required??

Testing bias anyone??

Good grief.... Can you see a statistical testing problem here? Oh, someone who wants to appear "very social" when questioned, says "I like to be with people when I eat", when in reality he hasn't had dinner with family or friends in 3 weeks.

These types of tests permit subjective personal views to enter one's own personal assessment!!

Objective tests, like an IQ test, doesn't allow personal self assesssments to answer questions like what is the square root of 225.

The point is that how you WANT to see yourself is going to seep into your responses about How Social You are.......can you imagine?

If you really want to be objective is to gather 5 friends and maybe 10 coworkers to answer these types of personality questions.....but to leave it up to the PERSON being evaluated?.....are you kidding?

The results will be what the person wants to be..

Do you feel the same way about Myers-Briggs? Just curious.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (11) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement