Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: dsbrady Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 36016  
Subject: Assassin's Creed: Revelations Date: 7/17/2012 3:53 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Well, since I finally finished Skyrim (really, I just got so sick of playing I rushed through the main missions -- and what a lame, anti-climactic ending to the main storyline), I finally got to AC: Revelations (a Christmas gift -- sadly, not Christmas in July), and I'm just not enjoying it as much as the previous ones.

Part of it are the elements they've added:
1) The tower defense mini-game. I hated the introductory one so much that I'm making a point of keeping my alert level low to avoid having to do them if I can.
2) The Desmond memory missions -- or, as I call it, "Let's make it like Portal, except not fun". Granted, I've only done 2 memory sequences, but the second one just wasn't very fun.

Another part is that it seems like this one feels a little less polished than the previous two.

Maybe the biggest problem is that the familiar elements are TOO familiar and the new elements suck.

At least the races (which some may remember I can't stand) have so far been mercifully short.

Of course, I'll keep playing it, because I am having some fun -- it's just not as much fun as the previous two.

(and I know it won't take 150+ hours like Skyrim did :) )

dsbrady
Print the post Back To Top
Author: bl400 One star, 50 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 34798 of 36016
Subject: Re: Assassin's Creed: Revelations Date: 7/23/2012 2:15 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
1) The tower defense mini-game. I hated the introductory one so much that I'm making a point of keeping my alert level low to avoid having to do them if I can.
2) The Desmond memory missions -- or, as I call it, "Let's make it like Portal, except not fun". Granted, I've only done 2 memory sequences, but the second one just wasn't very fun.

Those were to 2 aspects that I didn't like the most. The tower defense was just not fun at all. The game doesn't give you much instruction for the tower defense and when the final seige engine appears, or those peskey bomb guys, you're going to lose badly on the 1st try. After losing you'll have to go back and kill the captain again. Keeping it low is your best bet but there will come times when you can't reduce it fast enough. Youtube helps with the tower defense.

I didn't like the Desmond missions either and stopped during/after mission 3. His backstory was interesting but I didn't like the FPS floating block puzzles. I wish the puzzles were more like the ones in AC2 and AS: Brotherhood.

Print the post Back To Top
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement