Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
I have an elderly relative soon to need assisted living or long term care due to senility. She (76) and her mate (86) own a house and 3 cars. The house is in her name, but her husband has a lifetime right. Banking accounts are separate, and she does not have a lot of savings. We were wondering about a reverse mortgage which would allow the husband to live in the house and would fund her assisted or long term care needs? Would the reverse mortgage allow the husband to live at the home if she died before him? Are any alternate options available that would be better. No living children, I'm a niece trying to ensure her care.
Print the post  


When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.