Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: putnid Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 287  
Subject: Re: Autos: Who owns? Who may buy? Date: 5/7/2012 7:45 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
At 63 yo, I can remember the U.S. going from two-lane to 4+ lane highways. For years, common comments when my wife and I drive any distance are, “when did this become 4 lanes?” or “Lets’ take the old route.” The gradual build-out of those roadways will require a lot of trucks ... another of Tata’s product lines. - Sails

Your comment made me smile. Being only two years younger than you, I too remember the tectonic shift from from two lane roads to Interstates. The entire Nation was transformed. As a motorcyclist, I still prefer traveling on the old "US" routes such as the Lincoln Highway, the Great River Road, Dixie Highway and Route 66. I end up passing through a whole lotta towns that "time forgot."

The developing world is going through a similar transformation. I agree this is a net positive for Tata Motors. I believe the company has a bright future, but I expect a roller-coaster ride.

I also agree that I'd like to see the company remain under Tata family control. I did some consulting work for the family (in the steel business) years ago. The management impressed. Truth be told, my experience led me to invest in Tata Motors. Tata family management understands business.

Truth be told, I sold most of my TTM shares when the price went north of $28. I have "swing-traded" shares of the company in the past. I hope to buy back all sold shares at prices south of $26. If past is prologue, I'll have that opportunity sometime this year. If the shares continue to climb in value, then I'll have made a serious mistake.
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement