No. of Recommendations: 0
At the moment, your Roll Over IRA may be invested as it is, transferred to a future employers 401K plan, or converted to a Roth IRA.

Roth IRA conversion is probably the best choice. It will cost you current income taxes on the amount converted, but thereafter no further taxes are due at retirement.

Roth is best if you invest for growth and expect you money to grow substantially over the years. But otherwise it depends on the quality of you future employers 401K plan and the investment they might offer.

By the way, those future contributions should be to the Roth IRA too if you fall under the income limits. If over those limits, then conventional IRA becomes attractive.
Print the post  


The Retirement Investing Board
This is the board for all discussions related to Investing for and during retirement. To keep the board relevant and Foolish to everyone, please avoid making any posts pertaining to political partisanship. Fool on and Retire on!
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.