UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: telegraph Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 734825  
Subject: Atlas Shrugged Part II Date: 10/15/2012 10:24 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Went to see the movie....well made......

but it is only part II and leaves you hanging at the end.....they should have done part II and III .....and finished it....

You leave knowing that those who haven't read the book leave clueless and dis satisfied with the ending.....which really isn't an ending.

t.
Print the post Back To Top
Author: warrl Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 649029 of 734825
Subject: Re: Atlas Shrugged Part II Date: 10/16/2012 1:09 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
but it is only part II and leaves you hanging at the end.....they should have done part II and III .....and finished it....

You leave knowing that those who haven't read the book leave clueless and dis satisfied with the ending.....which really isn't an ending.

I can think of dozens of trilogies where the middle entry is pretty weak. I mean, if the trilogy is really a single story then the middle entry has a tough time finding a beginning OR an ending.

And Atlas Shrugged was not intended to be a trilogy, so Rand never tried to strengthen the middle entry.

Print the post Back To Top
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement