Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
Thank you so much for the opening of *Fools of the Heart* Message Board. My intention in requesting this board is to possibly provide a little piece of mind for any Fool (including me) that may have a heart problem.

I am a sixty-seven (67) year old female who was extremely active: clogging, ballroom dancing, camping, babysitting grandchildren ..........you name it.......and I was doing it!

Out of the blue, on April 20th, during a *routine* physical check up, I was diagnosed with Atrial Fibrillation (AFib) and was immediately put on Coumadin, Lanoxin and Atenolol. On May 17th I was hospitalized and scheduled for a cardioversion (paddling of my heart). Although there was 5 attempts in almost an hour, the rythym of my heart did not convert.

Since April 23rd, I have been experiencing extreme tiredness, nauseousness, and just an overall lousy feeling on and off. I've questioned all the doctors, nurses, etc. at to whether or not it could be the medication and everyone tells me *no*. Some say its the symptoms of AFib.....some say it is not the symtoms of AFib.

I am waiting for an appointment with a physician out of Duke Research Center, who handles nothing else but AFib cases - and I am looking forward to some answers.

I understand that this disease is not life threatening, and I thank God! But it has put my life on hold..........I just can't function. I understand some people live with AFib, without ever converting).........I find this so hard to believe.

If you have AFib or have had AFib and have converted, I would be most appreciative if you could share a little piece of mind with me, and possibly others who may have the same concerns.

Heart"Fool"ly yours,
Ellen
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement