UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (14) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: reverbbrad Two stars, 250 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 308350  
Subject: ATT Universal advice Date: 7/10/2002 1:25 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Ok, I am all about the advice today. You guys are great.

I got a 0% BT offer from ATT Universal, for one year. With this offer, I could transfer my entire balance (nearly 7k at roughly 5%), and probably have it paid off within a year, if my work circumstances don't change.

So...
Anyone have this card? Are they reputable? I'd love to do this, but fear getting hit with a rate-adjustment.

Thanks!
-Brad

Print the post Back To Top
Author: EmmaFrances Two stars, 250 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 133135 of 308350
Subject: Re: ATT Universal advice Date: 7/10/2002 1:39 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
I've never had any trouble with my AT&T card. Its probably my favorite card because somehow it gives me a nice 7.35 APR (don't ask me how, I haven't a clue). I've never dealt with one of their customer service reps, though, so I don't know how nice they are if you have a late payment or some other issue.

EF

Author: EmmaFrances Two stars, 250 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 133136 of 308350
Subject: Re: ATT Universal advice Date: 7/10/2002 1:40 PM
Oh, I should add that I have had rate adjustments with my card, but they have all been decreases that I haven't asked for. So, no complaints from me!

EF

Author: NaggingFool Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 133138 of 308350
Subject: Re: ATT Universal advice Date: 7/10/2002 1:44 PM
I don't know about interest rates, but I've never had a problem with AT&T Universal. I've had the card in the past and cancelled it because they no longer offered rewards, when I was looking for another Mastercard I opened one with them.

So I'm a not-disatisfied customer :-)

-Megan

Author: mlk58 Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 133140 of 308350
Subject: Re: ATT Universal advice Date: 7/10/2002 1:54 PM
DH and I both have taken them up on this offer. DH's has been paid off with no interest and no fees, and mine is doing fine at 0% interest and no fees. I give them a thumbs-up. Just be real careful not to be late with any payments!

Author: joebedford Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 133141 of 308350
Subject: Re: ATT Universal advice Date: 7/10/2002 1:56 PM
We're happy!

Author: CristyneS Three stars, 500 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 133145 of 308350
Subject: Re: ATT Universal advice Date: 7/10/2002 2:01 PM
I believe that AT&T is owned by Citibank. I have not heard anything bad about them.

CristyneS

Author: reverbbrad Two stars, 250 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 133146 of 308350
Subject: Re: ATT Universal advice Date: 7/10/2002 2:06 PM
I believe that AT&T is owned by Citibank. I have not heard anything bad about them.

Really? That is too funny. The balance that I want to transfer to them is presently on my Citibank Card.

-Brad

Author: CristyneS Three stars, 500 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 133148 of 308350
Subject: Re: ATT Universal advice Date: 7/10/2002 2:13 PM
Recommendations: 1
I think they will send you a check instead of the normal transfer. I'm sure I read on this board of how people have done this between the two. Someone on the board will post it.

CristyneS

Author: cheerye Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 133162 of 308350
Subject: Re: ATT Universal advice Date: 7/10/2002 2:55 PM
AT&T send me the 0% offer last December.. then didn't approve me ..one of the reason sited.. to much open/available credit.

Author: frissy Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 133192 of 308350
Subject: Re: ATT Universal advice Date: 7/10/2002 5:11 PM
No problems here.

They're really good about waiving late fees, also.

frissy
not that I *should* know that information....LOL

Author: gaznthren Three stars, 500 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 133262 of 308350
Subject: Re: ATT Universal advice Date: 7/11/2002 1:44 PM
They won't let you transfer a citi account onto it, and they recently joined the "if you're late on anything else we'll jack your interest rate" club.

Thren
owner of two ATT cards, one paid off, one not.

Author: reverbbrad Two stars, 250 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 133265 of 308350
Subject: Re: ATT Universal advice Date: 7/11/2002 3:05 PM
They won't let you transfer a citi account onto it, and they recently joined the "if you're late on anything else we'll jack your interest rate" club.

I discovered this last night, when I called to apply for the card. I am presently deciding whether it is worth getting the card, transfering that balance away from my Citi account (to my USAA card, which I use for my month-to-month bills), and from there onto the AT&T Universal card at 0%.

Is this a bad idea? Normally, I don't think I would try to shuffle so much, but this would save me something in the neighborhood of $250 in interest over the next year.

-Brad

Author: zskii Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 133281 of 308350
Subject: Re: ATT Universal advice Date: 7/11/2002 4:54 PM
I discovered this last night, when I called to apply for the card. I am presently deciding whether it is worth getting the card, transfering that balance away from my Citi account (to my USAA card, which I use for my month-to-month bills), and from there onto the AT&T Universal card at 0%.

Is this a bad idea? Normally, I don't think I would try to shuffle so much, but this would save me something in the neighborhood of $250 in interest over the next year.

Sounds like a plan. My sister has done this with the Amex Blue deals she's gotten. She doesn't like the continual zero % BT game, or the prospect of a variable rate card (USAA offers 6% variable for those that qualify), but over the last few years Amex has offered her 9% for the life of the balance, then 8%, then 7%. Every time she gets a new, better offer, she transfers her Amex Blue balance to USAA, then transfers it right back to Amex.

In your case, it's not going to cost you anything except for the interest on the USAA card that will accrue for the few days/weeks the balance is there, so I'd say go for it.

-z

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (14) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement