Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
attaboy,

I grabbed that figure (15.42) from the original press release at the time that the final percentage was worked out. The .3133 of the Tyco price on 10-18-01 worked out to 15.42.

I'm not dead sure how the trade will be worked out.... but suspect that the actual trade will either be based on the price of Tyco on the date that the merger is closed, or it will be based on a value that Tyco averages over a given specified period..... say the 30 days prior to the closing of the deal.... Given that the press release on 10-19-01 (or any of the other releases for that matter) didn't specify any period, and didn't specify a date that the ratio will be based on... I think it will be .3133 of the trading price on the date that the merger is closed.

I've noticed that the price of TCM is mimicing the price of TYC times the multiple .3133, so this seems the most likely.

I'm sorry to confuse with my number 15.42, but I forgot the percentage when I typed the message, and could only remember that number.

PK
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement