Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: FordLove Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 26  
Subject: Audible Board RIP Date: 4/14/2008 10:54 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
I'm guessing the deal went through on Audible since Dresner just put the hammer to the board.

Does any one have thoughts on what this means to Audible as a site, not as an investor.

I love the audible site, and the my audible plan. Is it all going to get folded in to Amazon, or are they going to keep the site going, and maybe improve it.

As a customer, the audible plans are great. Maybe not as great as a couple years ago when every downloadable book cost $70, but it still keeps me buying more audiobooks then I might otherwise do.

Ford
Print the post Back To Top
Author: Follydolly Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 8 of 26
Subject: Re: Audible Board RIP Date: 4/14/2008 5:10 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
I just made a price comparison between Audible and iTunes. I was surprised to find that iTunes was the cheaper of the two, at least for the books I was looking at. Also, I have a Discover Card. If I purchase anything from iTunes through the Discover Card site, I get 5% back on my card.

OTOH, I do believe that Audible's library of available books is bigger than iTunes.

Just something to think about.

~Birgit

Author: FordLove Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 9 of 26
Subject: Re: Audible Board RIP Date: 4/15/2008 3:02 PM
~Birgit

I was actually talking about using 1 credit to buy the book. There might be better deals, but some of the books that cost a credit are sold at retail for $40.

At two books for a little over $20, I'm always getting more. Ok, some of the books are two credits, and it is more common to find audiobooks being sold for ~$11 lately.

Also, I wish suppliers would drop the price of audiobooks. Real books get printed in paperback. If the book has been selling on audio for over 10 years, how about dropping the price from $65. Ok, maybe not if it is a hot selling book, but I don't see this ever happening.

Ford

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement