UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (8) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: mishedlo Big funky green star, 20000 posts Feste Award Nominee! Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 90309  
Subject: Australians aborting themselves out of existence Date: 2/14/2006 12:08 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 2
Are Australians aborting themselves out of existence?

http://www.siliconinvestor.com/readmsg.aspx?msgid=22164237
Print the post Back To Top
Author: harmy Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 38007 of 90309
Subject: Re: Australians aborting themselves out of exist Date: 2/14/2006 5:20 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1

The US is not the only one with nutters who come out with claptrap like this - the amazing thing to me is that such people can get elected in the first place.

Regards
Harmy

Author: steve203 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 38015 of 90309
Subject: Re: Australians aborting themselves out of exist Date: 2/14/2006 6:33 PM
Recommendations: 0
This is the same kind of argument that Pat Buchanan makes: that white Christian people aren't breeding as fast as non-white, non-Christian people and eventually the white Christian culture will be overwhelmed. Buchanan's solution is an end to abortion, an end to birth control and huge government tax breaks and subsidies to married couples with children, and a requirement that people with families be given hiring preference over people who are single.

Steve

Author: ogrecat Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 38020 of 90309
Subject: Re: Australians aborting themselves out of exist Date: 2/14/2006 7:23 PM
This is the same kind of argument that Pat Buchanan makes: that white Christian people aren't breeding as fast as non-white, non-Christian people and eventually the white Christian culture will be overwhelmed. Buchanan's solution is an end to abortion, an end to birth control and huge government tax breaks and subsidies to married couples with children, and a requirement that people with families be given hiring preference over people who are single.

Draft dodger Pat Buchanan has no offspring.

I love how some men talk about pregnancy/birth - let's see how they feel about having a watermelon shoved up their rectum.

ogrecat - formerly fertile female

Author: nospam4me Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 38028 of 90309
Subject: Re: Australians aborting themselves out of exist Date: 2/14/2006 8:12 PM
Pat Buchanan must be a genius! With the earth's population well over 6 billion, with oil, potable water, arable land, ocean fisheries, and a number of other resources either stretched thin or already declining, with famine, war, disease, and death already on the march, Buchanan wants to add more people to the most-wasteful nation on Earth. Talk about immanentizing the Eschaton!

cassandra

come the Rapture, Pat, can i have your demagogue's license?

/**/

Author: harmy Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 38042 of 90309
Subject: Re: Australians aborting themselves out of exist Date: 2/14/2006 9:48 PM
Buchanan's solution is an end to abortion, an end to birth control and huge government tax breaks and subsidies to married couples with children, and a requirement that people with families be given hiring preference over people who are single.

Tax breaks and subsidies to white married couples !!! - and he thinks that's going to be a winning hand in the forthcoming election - phew !!

BTW I got a comp year from the Fool - much appreciated too !!

Regards
Harmy

Author: DrBob2 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 38104 of 90309
Subject: Re: Australians aborting themselves out of exist Date: 2/15/2006 12:39 PM

And then there's The Voluntary Human Extinction Movement

Phasing out the human race by voluntarily ceasing to breed will allow Earth's biosphere to return to good health.

www.vhemt.org/

DB2

Author: steve203 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 38132 of 90309
Subject: Re: Australians aborting themselves out of exist Date: 2/15/2006 7:54 PM
Recommendations: 2
>>Tax breaks and subsidies to white married couples !!! <<

Harmy, the US government gives an armload of tax breaks and subsidies to married couples, particularly couples with children...and most married couples are white because most of the US population is white.

The US tax code allows a deduction from taxable income for each dependant, including both spouses and children. Bush's first tax cut package included a tax credit (amound taken directly off the taxpayer's tax liability) for each dependant child of $1,000, in addition to the existing deduction from taxable income. The tax code also offers a "head of household" tax deduction for a single parent (divorced or unmarried) who provided over half of the support for a child or parent living in the same home. Then there is the "earned income credit" for low income parents with dependant children. Ever wonder why middle income people are screaming about the Alternate Minimum Tax now? If they weren't being paid such huge government subsidies for raising a bunch of kids, they wouldn't need to worry about the AMT. They would all be paying the much higher effective tax rates that we single/childless people pay.

>>and he thinks that's going to be a winning hand in the forthcoming election - phew !!<<

Handouts to the largest segment of the population, at the expense of minorities, has always been a winner at the polls. As the US becomes more poparized, the discrimination between groups and the extreames of the differentiation become more blatant.

Steve

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (8) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement