No. of Recommendations: 2
Author: Foolferlove | Date: 2/4/05 10:01 PM | Number: 11814
Me, I WAS born into it. I've done SOME work on my own, and I do have SOME personal accomplishments, but basically, starting from birth, all I had to do was stay out of jail and I would be assured that I would inherit the family business, if I wanted it. I've had private schooling my whole life, and I have never had to have an e-fund, because I knew daddy could take care of things.

I can coast along on neutral and be in the top .5% of the country as far as wealth is concerned.

Well, I'm happy for you! You are clearly one of the 1% I mentioned, but I sense your wealth is not making you very happy. Maybe you are feeling guilty and that is why you are so willing to give it away?

I am in pretty good shape myself, but I earned every penny of it (including my college education) by working multiple jobs, 80 hour weeks, and saving, saving, saving. The fact that I earned it means far more to me now than how much I have.

Russ
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement