Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
Author: skisheekee
yes I did take a loss on the 1 stock I sold in 2001, since I am just using the standard deduction, do I still use Schedule D? or can I still use form 1040EZ. Thanks.

Sorry, no 1040EZ for you this year. You'll have to use form 1040 and the Schedule D. But don't worry, it's not that bad. You'll just fill in the same information as on the 1040EZ plus your capital loss. You can ignore the spaces for filling in other things that don't apply to you (assuming that's the only change in your tax situation this year).
Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.