UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: vonbaxter CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 754  
Subject: Auto Finance question Date: 8/17/2007 3:15 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
I have a car that was recently repossesed for "failure to make regular payments" even though I was making the payments by autodraft. I was told by a company rep that the first months payment was late as it was due the day of the purchase and that caused an overdraft fee that was never paid and because the first payment was "missed" I was late on the car for 33 out of 33 months and that this would be reported on my credit report as well. I was also told that I could redeem the car but they would leave the repossesion on my credit and the only option for me was to pay for the car in full plus $1,500 in fees. They only repossesed the car after the payments brought the value above the resale price. I have asked to speak to a manager as the company is a fairly large one but they said they are under no obligation to speak to me and I have 10 days to pay in full or forfit the car.

My two main questions are

1) What are the legal rules on this subject (I live in Texas)? And who do i voice a complaint to?

2) What is my best option if I recently recieved an inheritance that can cover the cost of the car but the company stated admantly that they will not show anything but a repossession on my credt?

Thank you!
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

TMF Credit Center
The Motley Fool Credit Center arms you with real tools and simple messages, that will help you in every credit situation.
Post of the Day:
Value Hounds

Medallion Financial: TAXI!
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement