Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
Ok, I should know the answer to this, but I can't seem to find it.

I have to file for an automatic extension. I know I need to still pay by 4/17 (no problem) & I need to send in the automatic extension form (86??).

But I still have a few questions:

- I assume the extension form has to be signed. But I didn't see any place to do that on the form. I'm blind, right?
- Do I just send in the extension form & a check? Or, do I need to include anything else?

TIA

Cheetah
Print the post Back To Top
<< - I assume the extension form has to be signed. But I didn't see any place to do that on the form. I'm blind, right? >>

No, but you'll go blind looking for a signature space. None is required.

<< - Do I just send in the extension form & a check? Or, do I need to include anything else? >>

That's it, although I've never known them to refuse home made chocolate chip cookies.

TMF ExRO
Phil Marti
I assume the extension form has to be signed. But I didn't see any place to do that on the form. I'm blind, right?

No need to sign the first extension anymore. They did away with the signature line since it is automatic now.

Do I just send in the extension form & a check? Or, do I need to include anything else?

All you have to do is send the extension and a check. Be sure your Social Security number and the tax year (1999) and Form 1040 is on your check.
Advertisement