UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: Tuni Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 66228  
Subject: Automator Date: 1/29/2013 4:56 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Has anyone tried or does anyone here use the Automator which comes as part of the Mac system?

In trying iBank, I find that although Time Machine backs everything up on my iMac (and I do have Mt.Lion) I would like a separate backup of the iBank.

iBank does not make such backups easy. In my research I found a suggestion for using Automator and have copied the script to my iCal however, I'm not really understanding how it works nor IF it will work.

thoughts?
Print the post Back To Top
Author: TwoCybers Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 62147 of 66228
Subject: Re: Automator Date: 1/29/2013 5:35 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 2
This is not addressing your stated question - why do you want a separate Backup of the iBank data? It is a separate item in your SuperDuper files. In can be recovered/ restored from TM.

If at some future date you wish to delete all copies of any old file (iBank data, a book, anything) from TM that is very straight forward.

Automator can easily backup any single file to any drive on your PC. You could also plug a USB stick in and copy the iBank data to that stick for a backup also.

Google found about 450,000 tutorials on Automator.
Google found 141,000 hits on a search for "Automator copy files form one folder to another" including
http://www.macworld.com/article/1157339/automate_backup.html...
and
http://www.macworld.com/article/1166949/two_useful_automator...
show how to create an Automator Application.

Gordon
Atlanta

Print the post Back To Top
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement