UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Prev | Next | Next Thread
Author: pauleckler Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 189564  
Subject: AVG 2013 Free system restart repeatedly Date: 11/14/2012 10:55 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
This is on Win Vista 32 bit Home Premium SP2.

AVG help forum offers these suggestions--

AVG Forums users reported AVG requesting restart repeatedly after completing the AVG update process. This issue is likely caused by certain update files could not been renamed for some reason.
Please proceed as follows to rectify the situation:
1. Navigate to the following folder (some files and folders are hidden by default operating system configuration):
C:\ProgramData\avg2012\cfg\
…or (if using Windows XP):
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\avg2012\cfg\
2. Verify that the updatecomps.cfg.prepare file is present in this folder.
3. Delete the updatecomps.cfg file.
4. Rename the updatecomps.cfg.prepare to updatecomps.cfg.
If the issue is not rectified or if the updatecomps.cfg.prepare file is not present, please run AVG repair installation using the most recent installation package. More information on repairing the AVG installation using a newly downloaded installation package can be found in one of the following FAQ articles, procedure variant 2:

c:\ProgramData\avg2013\cfg\ is present, but when I try to delete or rename it it tells me I need "permission." I presume I need administrative rights.

How do I get them?
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Prev | Next | Next Thread

Announcements

Post of the Day:
Value Hounds

Not Cheering the Shire Deal
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement