Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (7) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Prev | Next | Next Thread
Author: Globetraveler Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 2323  
Subject: Re: Anyone ever flown Air Europa? Date: 11/28/2009 11:16 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Aw, crap...next time I should drink the coffee before reading flight times, instead of after.

I figured it was something like that. I just wanted to make sure you weren't talking yourself into a flight through Dublin because you thought it had a shorter connection. If it was 4 1/2 hours from New York to Dublin, I'd be on that flight every time. :-)

How is Continental on refunding fare differences? If I book the $711 now, and there's a fare drop in February for spring fares, are they easy to deal with? Is it worth it to book thru Orbitz for their fare guarantee? Or too gimmicky since the airline may do the same?

Looking at the small print on the Orbitz, it's only good for flights within the 50 US states, so this itinerary would not be eligible. I believe their low price guarantee applies to finding a lower fare on the same day you book. I haven't had a situation where the airfare dropped much lower. Mostly it is because I don't that far out, usually about a month or so out.

I've known folks who have got a refund in the form of credit toward another booking on CO and other airlines, but the fare had to drop a lot. I believe the airline would refund the difference between the airfares after the change fee was assessed for re booking the tickets at the lower price. If the change fees for CO are at $250, then the price would need to drop to around $460 before you start getting an credit.
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (7) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Prev | Next | Next Thread

Announcements

2013 Feste Award Voting Begins!
Who will win the 2013 Feste Award? Vote now for the Fool that most exemplifies the Fool Community mission of Learning Together!
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Post of the Day:
Tax Strategies

TMFPMarti-Feeling Good
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement