UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: drderekdvm One star, 50 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 10535  
Subject: Awaiting HD Cable Date: 1/6/2004 8:53 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0

I wrote earlier that I am anticipating HD with my cable service within a few weeks. I am told that this will require a different cable box. Does that mean yet another piece of equipment, or a replacement for my current digital cable?

Also, does HD need to be hooked up via component, or will S-video do? Or even DVI?

Thanks for the info.

-DW
Print the post Back To Top
Author: Marxtacy Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 803 of 10535
Subject: Re: Awaiting HD Cable Date: 1/6/2004 10:02 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Some cable companies have a combo box that carries both HD and your existing cable channels. Other cable companies are only offering separate boxes, which is a bit of a pain when channel surfing between the "regular" and high def channels.

The HD cable box will have component outputs, although it is possible it will also feature a DVI output.

Marxtacy

Author: BryanZ1 Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 806 of 10535
Subject: Re: Awaiting HD Cable Date: 1/9/2004 2:26 PM
Also, does HD need to be hooked up via component, or will S-video do? Or even DVI?

When I had HD installed by TimeWarner they gave me a new HD/Cable box and hooked it up via component cables. It has a DVI hookup on the back as well, however, those cables are my job to supply if I want them. Since I had two component hookups I had one for HDTV and one my my progressive sacn DVD player, it worked out nicely. But if you're running short on component hookups, you may have to invest in a DVI cable.

BZ1

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement