UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (5) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: MadCapitalist Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 757316  
Subject: Ayn Rand Quote of the Day Date: 10/9/2012 10:21 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 28
"Consider the extent of the moral and political inversion in today’s prevalent view of government. Instead of being a protector of man’s rights, the government is becoming their most dangerous violator; instead of guarding freedom, the government is establishing slavery; instead of protecting men from the initiators of physical force, the government is initiating physical force and coercion in any manner and issue it pleases; instead of serving as the instrument of objectivity in human relationships, the government is creating a deadly, subterranean reign of uncertainty and fear, by means of nonobjective laws whose interpretation is left to the arbitrary decisions of random bureaucrats; instead of protecting men from injury by whim, the government is arrogating to itself the power of unlimited whim—so that we are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission; which is the stage of the darkest periods of human history, the stage of rule by brute force."
- Ayn Rand

The Nature of Government
http://www.aynrand.org/site/PageServer?pagename=arc_ayn_rand...
Print the post Back To Top
Author: telegraph Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 647844 of 757316
Subject: Re: Ayn Rand Quote of the Day Date: 10/9/2012 10:49 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Atlas Shrugged Part II opens on Friday!....

I'll have to catch it on Monday...senior day as I'll be away for the weekend...

t.

Author: Beridian Big red star, 1000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 647996 of 757316
Subject: Re: Ayn Rand Quote of the Day Date: 10/10/2012 7:49 AM
Recommendations: 2
Instead of being a protector of man’s rights, the government is becoming their most dangerous violator; instead of guarding freedom, the government is establishing slavery; instead of protecting men from the initiators of physical force, the government is initiating physical force and coercion in any manner and issue it pleases; ......blah blah blah blah blah...."

OH POLLLEEAASSSEEE!!Spare us the sanctimony! Those poor corporate executives, what with earning 3000 times what the average worker earns, having their doors kicked down and being dragged off in the middle of the night by government jackboots! The poor babies, being foisted into slavery while they pay an effective tax rate of 15% or less, why it's just like slavery! In fact I just saw an CEO in an Armani suit picking cotton in a field!

How many times have you seen the government use physical force against someone, particularly for economic reasons? You people live in a fantasy world. Ayn Rand's heros have raped and plundered this country into near ruin and you still see them as the victims.

Author: andrew61 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 648393 of 757316
Subject: Re: Ayn Rand Quote of the Day Date: 10/12/2012 12:30 AM
Recommendations: 1
Ayn Rand's heros have raped and plundered this country into near ruin and you still see them as the victims.

Not only that, but Ayn Rand worshipped serial killers. <LOL>

Author: 2828 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 648396 of 757316
Subject: Re: Ayn Rand Quote of the Day Date: 10/12/2012 12:34 AM
Recommendations: 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UnX7TNFIELg

Speaking of Ayn Rand, i just saw a video ad from Hungarian born businessman who created interactive brokers and i thought it was a very powerful ad for Romney. Take a look.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (5) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement