UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (18) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: CassWoman Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 37113  
Subject: Baby clothes....and kids' rooms Date: 12/10/2012 1:22 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
I got 11 bags of baby clothes back from my sister-in-law yesterday, and spent today sorting them into 0-6 months, and 6-12 months sizes. Then I washed the 0-6 months stuff, and further sorted it into newborn and 3-6 months clothes.

The 6-12 month stuff I'll wash when I am getting ready to use it. It's currently in bags in the back room until further notice.

The 3-6 months stuff I washed, dried, folded, and put into a bin to put in the baby's closet (currently Nate's room).

The newborn stuff I also put into a bin, and most of it was swaddle blankets, towels, and nursing stuff. Hardly any clothes at all. I'm hoping she has more that she hasn't found yet, because I know I gave her way more than that!

So with the kids' rooms, we are going to out Nate in Lily's room and the baby in Nate's room. The kids are excited about being in the same room, and we are trying to figure out the room layout and how we will fit all their stuff in one room given how much stuff needs to go into the baby's room. Even though I am working towards a more minimalist lifestyle, it's amazing how much baby stuff we have!

We are hoping to get the rooms combined between Christmas and New Year's so that we can have a few days to let the kids stay up half the night as they get used to sharing a room without us having to get up for work/school.

And at some point we have to get a new bed for Nate and set up his bed as a crib for the baby. We will probably get a twin bed for Nate and put a safety rail on the sides. And he wants Lightning McQueen bedding, too. And Lily wants Tinkerbell bedding.

Eventually, once the baby is sleeping through the night, the boys will share a room. But that will be quite a while!

In the meantime we have our work cut out for us, especially in the next few weeks....

Cassandra
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (18) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Pencils of Promise - Back to School Drive
"Pencils of Promise works with communities across the globe to build schools and create programs that provide education opportunities for children."
Managing Your Wealth
Our own TMFHockeypop from Rule Your Retirement fame on the TV show Managing Your Wealth.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement