UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (45) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: impolite Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 42361  
Subject: Baby - Or more specifically, me wanting one Date: 8/5/2003 10:42 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
I want another one already.

Quinten will hit the big "1" this month, and my uterus is twinging. My ovaries have daily reminders to give me, I swear, made stronger by a child being within 10 feet of me, a mile if it's my own child.

What do I do? We can't really afford another one yet, but that doesn't seem to satisfy my heart and baby-growing equipment - they want it and they want it NOW.

Worst yet, DH wants another one now, too. I didn't think he did, I was trying not to mention it hoping that it would just go away, then BAM! One night at dinner he says: "So when do you think we should have another kid?"

Me: "Oh, I don't know, we can't really afford one yet..."

DH: "I want another one."

Me: "NO! You're the sane one! BACK AWAY FROM ME!"

What did y'all do when you wanted another child, but knew it wasn't the right time? Sleep in separate houses?

impolite
Seriously, my uterus is TWINGING....
Print the post Back To Top
Author: beccapooka Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 12037 of 42361
Subject: Re: Baby - Or more specifically, me wanting one Date: 8/5/2003 11:02 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 4
Impolite,

My first 2 are 16 1/2 months apart, so I know exactly what you are talking about, AND I'm going through the same thing again now!

I really liked having 2 close together. It doesn't really take any getting used to, whereas it was harder to get adapted to my new life with the 6 year gap. Also, the 2nd baby doesn't cost as much because you have some stuff leftover from the first time.

Obviously if there are serious financial concerns or other issues you should put it off, but I think that if you wait for everything to be *perfect* Quinten will be an only child. If you both want another baby, I say go for it! :)

Rebecca

Author: zsimpson Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 12038 of 42361
Subject: Re: Baby - Or more specifically, me wanting one Date: 8/5/2003 11:18 AM
Recommendations: 0
What did y'all do when you wanted another child, but knew it wasn't the right time? Sleep in separate houses?

I didn't exactly have much say in the matter. Life was going along fine and dandy. The docs said it might take a while after I stopped nursing to be able to conceive. They lied. I don't think I was even done nursing Muncho when I got pregnant with Bunny.
I nursed Muncho for a year, and there's only a little over a year and a half between her and Bunny.
P.S. I wouldn't take Bunny for anything in the world. Sometimes God knows what I need even if I'm too stupid to figure it out.

Author: tconi Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 12039 of 42361
Subject: Re: Baby - Or more specifically, me wanting one Date: 8/5/2003 11:22 AM
It is somehow (I think) easier to deal with with 2 in diapers than to get used to being "free and without" and starting all over - so said she of the ten year gap between her children.
YOu will have an extra 2 years of childcare expense etc, but then school for both will begin and you will be done- rather than a lesser payment but a continuing expense.
They are more likely to be friends (like you and TMANITW's mom) with a short age difference - also more likely to fight:-)
There will seldom be a "right time."
YOu are currently employed. DH is currently employed - you are (based on LBYM) pretty well on track with your life....now is as good a time as any to start trying (as opposed to being out of work, without insurance.....)

peace & sibling rivalry
t

Author: zsimpson Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 12040 of 42361
Subject: Re: Baby - Or more specifically, me wanting one Date: 8/5/2003 11:22 AM

BTW, I had the 2 in diapers at the same time, and I think it's much easier to have them close together. I was used to having to do all the stuff, I just had to do a bit more of it. They always have each other to play with, and they are extremely close.
Financially, we could not afford it either, but we found a way. If you really want it, you can find a way. Also, a second child on the heels of the first is cheaper because you've got all the stuff still.

Author: accmaf Two stars, 250 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 12041 of 42361
Subject: Re: Baby - Or more specifically, me wanting one Date: 8/5/2003 11:38 AM
Why is it not the right time? Is it really just financial?

When I was a new mom I knew I wanted more kids and as my aunt very delicately put it, I wasn't getting any younger. But my older sister has hated me since the day I was born, so I was very curious about spacing of kids and I asked just about everyone who would talk to me what they thought the right spacing was. And it's unanimous. The perfect spacing is...are you ready for this? The perfect spacing of kids is...however your kids are spaced. Almost every single person I meet has a long list of reasons why the spacing of their kids is PERFECT and SO much better than family A or family B whose kids are spaced differently and had problems x, y and z. Doesn't matter if the spacing is 13 months or 13 years, everyone seems to love theirs.

However the most helpful advice to me was from moms who had some kids far apart and some close together. (They seemed the least likely to be biased.) These said close together is easier, for reasons already posted here.

Author: eyecolts Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 12042 of 42361
Subject: Re: Baby - Or more specifically, me wanting one Date: 8/5/2003 12:16 PM
Recommendations: 2
What did y'all do when you wanted another child, but knew it wasn't the right time? Why, we had another one.

I don't believe there is a "right time."

We got married when I was 25..had our first when I was 27, then our second when I was 28 then our third when I was 30. Had we waited until we were out of debt and had money for a house, we'd still be childless. As it is, we are moving forward, have decent jobs, a decent house (except for the shower problem I've been posting about on the maintaining a house board..lol), and three wonderful children who FINALLY rarely need a sitter.

Was it hard to have three kids under the age of 3 without a really high income? You bet. But we managed. We finished school, we developed careers, and now we can enjoy our family (instead of being stressed out with late night feedings)...

Anyway...the right time to have a baby is when you decide it's time. The $$ will work out if you keep focusing on your goals...but you do have a finite time period for having kids..

Author: impolite Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 12043 of 42361
Subject: Re: Baby - Or more specifically, me wanting one Date: 8/5/2003 12:28 PM
Anyway...the right time to have a baby is when you decide it's time. The $$ will work out if you keep focusing on your goals...but you do have a finite time period for having kids..

I suppose there is the issue of biological clocks and all that, but that won't be an issue until about 15 years from now - we're still only 23. ;)

ACK. I think it's just the planner in me getting all freaked out - I can't imagine adding another child to our income right now, since we have so little of it in comparison to our debts, but then there's that uterus twinging away (as we speak, my friends, as we speak...).

I will talk with DH tonight, and talk about things...maybe we can start trying in a few months or so, once savings is built back up.

'Course, we weren't even TRYING the first time...

impolite

Author: wrnglrjan Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 12044 of 42361
Subject: Re: Baby - Or more specifically, me wanting one Date: 8/5/2003 12:42 PM
Recommendations: 10
I don't believe there is a "right time."

Exactly.

Let me tell you something, from someone who was bound and determined to wait for the right time.

Don't

When hubby and I first got married (21 and 23), we wanted to have some time as a couple before kids. Reasonable, yes?

A year or so later, he got out of the service and was working only part-time and going to community college part-time. I was the full-time income, so we figured we'd wait 'til he was done with school. It just made sense, ya know?

Well, a year after that, we moved so he could attend a four-year college. I took a serious pay hit. School kept him pretty busy. It would just have been crazy then, right?

Then I decided to go back to school, too, which took a couple of years. Obviously I couldn't have a baby then, could I?

Hubby finally graduated just over a year ago. But ... well ... he doesn't have a full-time job yet, so, really, it makes sense to wait until he does, doesn't it?

Everybody's story is different. But, sheesh, all these are good reasons not to have a baby. And yet, here I am, recently turned 34, and still childless. I, who wanted to have my kids young while staying up all night was something I routinely did for fun and my body didn't take a week to recover from a tough hike. If I'm lucky, I'll get to have one before I'm officially "high-risk".

My point is that the it's-not-the-right-time treadmill is tough to get off. Once you decide you're going to be "smart" about it, it gets harder and harder to decide that it's time.

Until one day you wake up and you're pushing 35 and Quentin is still an only child. Don't think it can't happen to you.

Jan

Author: Fallout2Queen Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 12045 of 42361
Subject: Re: Baby - Or more specifically, me wanting one Date: 8/5/2003 12:59 PM
Recommendations: 53
What do I do? We can't really afford another one yet, but that doesn't seem to satisfy my heart and baby-growing equipment - they want it and they want it NOW.

Part of being a responsible adult is delaying gratification and not getting everything you want right away when you want it.

Wait 6 months and see how DH's new job is working out and what your financial situation is then. Go over to LBYM and reread your posts about how broke you were/are due to his unemployment.

One word: condoms. They're available at Wal-Mart, Target, and lots of other places. www.drugstore.com has a good selection.

At the end of the day, it's your (and your DH's) choice, but I strongly suggest waiting.

Author: malibu114 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 12046 of 42361
Subject: Re: Baby - Or more specifically, me wanting one Date: 8/5/2003 2:10 PM
Imp,

I have to agree with Fallout2Queen here. Please consider waiting before making any decisions. You are still very young, and if you are struggling financially, even a little, two children will only make that worse. I'm not saying wait indefinitely, but a little longer won't hurt.

BTW, I do love reading your updates on Quentin, but remember it will be that much harder to give him your undivided attention when you have another child.

Donna

Author: Joelsenior Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 12047 of 42361
Subject: Re: Baby - Or more specifically, me wanting one Date: 8/5/2003 2:24 PM
I have to agree with Fallout2Queen here. Please consider waiting before making any decisions. You are still very young, and if you are struggling financially, even a little, two children will only make that worse. I'm not saying wait indefinitely, but a little longer won't hurt.

Donna ========================================================

Imp,

Being young is the best time to have your offspring, 16-18 months apart is also the way to go, IMO, as they grow-up together and form sibling bonds that nothing (if you raise them properly) can tear asunder.

Also the new arrival will instantly magnify any financial problems you may already have but, as a character builder, it will force you and DH to become better people, and subsequently better parents, as you tackle your setbacks.

Pay no attention to those CF-trolls. Waiting, planning and research just leads to more waiting, more planning and more research. They are jealous of your youth, vibrance, and obvious zest for life.

Jump in with both feet and go for it.

your new friend
Joelsenior

ps I speak from experience, I have 6, all 15-18 months apart and I'm quite the character

Author: malibu114 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 12048 of 42361
Subject: Re: Baby - Or more specifically, me wanting one Date: 8/5/2003 2:51 PM
Pay no attention to those CF-trolls. Waiting, planning and research just leads to more waiting, more planning and more research. They are jealous of your youth, vibrance, and obvious zest for life.

I'm a parent.

Donna

Author: accmaf Two stars, 250 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 12049 of 42361
Subject: Re: Baby - Or more specifically, me wanting one Date: 8/5/2003 2:59 PM
Recommendations: 6
Joelsenior wrote: <<Pay no attention to those CF-trolls. Waiting, planning and research just leads to more waiting, more planning and more research. They are jealous of your youth, vibrance, and obvious zest for life.>>

Funny that you say to pay no attention to them, when you're the one who invited them here by cross-posting Imp's post on the CNTHK board. You hold her up for their ridicule, then say here that you're her new friend?

Author: Joelsenior Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 12050 of 42361
Subject: Re: Baby - Or more specifically, me wanting one Date: 8/5/2003 3:01 PM
I'm a parent.

Donna
==========================================================

Having 2 or more makes you a real Parent.

Joelsenior

ps having 6 makes to the world's greatest authority on all things parenting.

Author: Joelsenior Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 12051 of 42361
Subject: Re: Baby - Or more specifically, me wanting one Date: 8/5/2003 3:05 PM
Funny that you say to pay no attention to them, when you're the one who invited them here by cross-posting Imp's post on the CNTHK board. You hold her up for their ridicule, then say here that you're her new friend?

accmaf ========================================================

Ridicule? How dare you.
All I did was offer an opposing viewpoint for those CF-types.

Joelsenior

ps what are you doing lurking over there, what are you a Parent or CF, make a stand, declare your choice, there is no middle ground

pps except for me

Author: malibu114 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 12052 of 42361
Subject: Re: Baby - Or more specifically, me wanting one Date: 8/5/2003 3:08 PM
Recommendations: 17
ps having 6 makes to the world's greatest authority on all things parenting

Or the walking advertisement for birth control.

Donna

Author: impolite Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 12053 of 42361
Subject: Re: Baby - Or more specifically, me wanting one Date: 8/5/2003 3:56 PM
Recommendations: 3
The only real thing that makes me...weirded out about it being cross-posted is: they don't know my sense of humor.

They really couldn't see that I was, oh how to say in everyone-understand-speak...making a funny ha ha about the separate houses thing. And they don't know that my idea of financial stability is a far more conservative figure than most would imagine: posters who read me regularly know that, and so it is factored in to their replies.

F2Q is right, though, a six month hiatus wouldn't hurt anything, and would allow for more in savings...

impolite
condoms aren't neccessary, as long as we are airing it all out: I've got a nifty little patch on my a$$ that takes care of things for a week at a time, thankyouverymuch ;)

Author: malibu114 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 12054 of 42361
Subject: Re: Baby - Or more specifically, me wanting one Date: 8/5/2003 3:59 PM
The only real thing that makes me...weirded out about it being cross-posted is: they don't know my sense of humor......F2Q is right, though, a six month hiatus wouldn't hurt anything, and would allow for more in savings

I do know you from the other boards, and I still think waiting the six months is a great idea.

Donna

Author: impolite Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 12055 of 42361
Subject: Re: Baby - Or more specifically, me wanting one Date: 8/5/2003 4:07 PM
I do know you from the other boards, and I still think waiting the six months is a great idea.

Donna

Yes, so does F2Q, which is why it's cool that y'all posted, even if the advice you gave was opposite what the other posters gave, cause ALL advice was wanted, see?

But some of them over there REALLY have a problem reading humor in posts...I mean, jeez, do they know so many weirdos they really think I actually meant that we'd have to sleep in separate houses to avoid pregnancy?

Or is my humor just not...readable?

impolite
really startin' to wonder

Author: isewquilts2 Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 12056 of 42361
Subject: Re: Baby - Or more specifically, me wanting one Date: 8/5/2003 4:16 PM
Ya know, the scary thing is that you don't know how long it will take to get pregnant again. Your body can do goofy things, and even though your uterus is TWINGING, it doesn't mean you WILL get pregnant right away. I'm a good example....took me 3 weeks of trying before I got pregnant with DS1, took MMMUUUCCCH longer with DS2 (and I was still in my 20's). And there is no GOOD time to get pregnant, just less/more convenient times. Look at this carefully, do what is best for you and your family.
BTW, DS1 and DS2 are 27 months apart, and it was AWFUL spacing--for my two, anyway. The worst 6 months of my life occurred after DS2 was born. Hideous.

isewquilts

Author: Fallout2Queen Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 12057 of 42361
Subject: Re: Baby - Or more specifically, me wanting one Date: 8/5/2003 5:04 PM
Pay no attention to those CF-trolls.

I have two kids, one of them is screaming in my ear now.

Author: MaestroCindi Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 12058 of 42361
Subject: Re: Baby - Or more specifically, me wanting one Date: 8/5/2003 5:37 PM
condoms aren't neccessary, as long as we are airing it all out: I've got a nifty little patch on my a$$ that takes care of things for a week at a time, thankyouverymuch

I've got some friends who got pregnant on the patch.

OK, so it was the nicotine patch they were using, which really isn't FDA approved for preventing pregnancy, but I just thought I should share.

Author: IndecisiveFool Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 12059 of 42361
Subject: Re: Baby - Or more specifically, me wanting one Date: 8/5/2003 5:37 PM
Ya know, the scary thing is that you don't know how long it will take to get pregnant again. Your body can do goofy things, and even though your uterus is TWINGING, it doesn't mean you WILL get pregnant right away. I'm a good example....took me 3 weeks of trying before I got pregnant with DS1, took MMMUUUCCCH longer with DS2 (and I was still in my 20's). And there is no GOOD time to get pregnant, just less/more convenient times. Look at this carefully, do what is best for you and your family.
BTW, DS1 and DS2 are 27 months apart, and it was AWFUL spacing--for my two, anyway. The worst 6 months of my life occurred after DS2 was born. Hideous.

It took over a year of trying for the first child. We even visited a doctor to confirm there were no medical reasons since pregnancy problems run in the wife's family.

For the second child, she got pregnant on the first try. Damn, I wanted a few months of trying. Even though they say you can't get pregnant holding hands, I'm avoiding that activity for now.

IF

Author: sofaking6 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 12060 of 42361
Subject: Re: Baby - Or more specifically, me wanting one Date: 8/5/2003 5:39 PM
Recommendations: 11

Dude, leave me out of this one.

Author: malibu114 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 12061 of 42361
Subject: Re: Baby - Or more specifically, me wanting one Date: 8/5/2003 11:12 PM

I read it just fine. :-)

Donna

Author: minorcard Three stars, 500 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 12062 of 42361
Subject: Re: Baby - Or more specifically, me wanting one Date: 8/6/2003 11:03 AM
I want another one already.

Quinten will hit the big "1" this month, and my uterus is twinging. My ovaries have daily reminders to give me, I swear, made stronger by a child being within 10 feet of me, a mile if it's my own child.>>impolite

Hi imp,
I had my 2 close together, 16 months, and wouldn't have done it any other way. The urge doesn't go away after a second so now might be a good time to think about how your going to handle the urge in the future. DH got the snip after # 2, bless him, or we'd be up to our....
in children.

Marie

Author: zsimpson Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 12063 of 42361
Subject: Re: Baby - Or more specifically, me wanting one Date: 8/6/2003 12:58 PM

Kids give you an extra sense of humor, which apparently some of the folks here missed, too, from Joelsenior's posts.

Author: zsimpson Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 12064 of 42361
Subject: Re: Baby - Or more specifically, me wanting one Date: 8/6/2003 12:59 PM

You want to trade uteruses? Mine would be a baby factory if I gave it half a chance. Not bad for someone that was told she could never have kids.

Author: zsimpson Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 12065 of 42361
Subject: Re: Baby - Or more specifically, me wanting one Date: 8/6/2003 1:01 PM
For the second child, she got pregnant on the first try. Damn, I wanted a few months of trying. Even though they say you can't get pregnant holding hands, I'm avoiding that activity for now.

Hey, are you my husband trolling?

Author: malibu114 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 12070 of 42361
Subject: Re: Baby - Or more specifically, me wanting one Date: 8/6/2003 3:37 PM
took me 3 weeks of trying before I got pregnant with DS1, took MMMUUUCCCH longer with DS2 (and I was still in my 20's).

I know this is going to sound harsh, but 3 weeks is not long at all. Even doctors will tell you not to worry until you have been actively trying for a year.

Donna

Author: sjfans Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 12071 of 42361
Subject: Re: Baby - Or more specifically, me wanting one Date: 8/6/2003 4:06 PM
took me 3 weeks of trying before I got pregnant with DS1, took MMMUUUCCCH longer with DS2 (and I was still in my 20's).

----------------------------

I know this is going to sound harsh, but 3 weeks is not long at all. Even doctors will tell you not to worry until you have been actively trying for a year.

I think that was the point. It only took 3 weeks with the first (so basically on the first month trying she was pregnant) and took very much longer with the second. I think she said her 2 are 27 months apart? (So 18 months from the first birth to the 2nd conception?)

It's hard to figure out the timing of the second especially since breastfeeding can disrupt ovulation. Even if you don't breastfeed, it can take a while to get back to a normal cycle.

sjfans

Author: zsimpson Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 12072 of 42361
Subject: Re: Baby - Or more specifically, me wanting one Date: 8/6/2003 5:40 PM
It's hard to figure out the timing of the second especially since breastfeeding can disrupt ovulation. Even if you don't breastfeed, it can take a while to get back to a normal cycle.

Yeah, right. That's the same baloney the doc's handed me.

Author: Gimmeaminute Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 12076 of 42361
Subject: Re: Baby - Or more specifically, me wanting one Date: 8/7/2003 1:00 PM
Joelsenior

Being the youngest of 6 I can say that is utter and total BS, much like you.

Deannda
Parent of 3

Author: zsimpson Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 12077 of 42361
Subject: Re: Baby - Or more specifically, me wanting one Date: 8/7/2003 1:56 PM

Deannda
Parent of 3

I see you still have your wonderful sense of humor.

Author: Gimmeaminute Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 12078 of 42361
Subject: Re: Baby - Or more specifically, me wanting one Date: 8/7/2003 2:43 PM
I see you still have your wonderful sense of humor.

You have to with 3 kids, LOL

Seriously though, no amount of kids ever make you an authority on them or parenting, wish it was true because it sure would make it a lot easier on the rest of us!

As for the original poster, it has to be her final decision, she is young and honestly when I was in my early twenties, I wanted a baby so badly it literally hurt sometimes. She has her baby and wants another, that can be very natural, but like Fran said, you have to think beyond your basic wants, urges and needs and look at the entire picture. I managed to supress my urges and when I did have my kids I was older and more ready for them, doesn't make me a better parent by any stretch of the imagination but I did get to see a lot of the country and do a lot of traveling that I would have never done if I did have kids when I "wanted" them because my body told me so.

My advice is wait, your baby is only one year old, these next few years are so important and so much fun. Enjoy them, cherish them and listen to your heart and your head both on matters like these.

Deannda
And we all know Joel is so full of BS his eyes are brown and he cleans his ears out at least 3 times a day! :)

Author: Joelsenior Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 12079 of 42361
Subject: Re: Baby - Or more specifically, me wanting one Date: 8/7/2003 7:18 PM
Joelsenior

====================================================================

Deannda
Parent of 3
====================================================================

Your insult is noted.

The baby of the family is always the one who least appreciates what the parents had to do.

The baby is always so spoiled. That's why I have six instead of five, we figured a spoiled baby girl would be more acceptable as an adult than a spoiled baby boy.

your new friend
Joelsenior

Author: sofaking6 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 12080 of 42361
Subject: Re: Baby - Or more specifically, me wanting one Date: 8/7/2003 7:26 PM
Recommendations: 6
Top 10 Worst Reasons To Have A Baby

10. To increase the welfare check
9. To screw other people out of their tax money
8. To demonstrate the power of modern medicine over nature
7. Because Joelsenior said you should
6. To snag a man
5. To snag a woman
4. To make your parents happy
3. To have someone to pay your nursing home costs when you're old
2. To pass on the family schnoz

And the #1 Worst Reason To Have A Baby....

1. Because your uterus was twinging

Author: Fallout2Queen Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 12081 of 42361
Subject: Re: Baby - Or more specifically, me wanting one Date: 8/7/2003 8:21 PM
Top 10 Worst Reasons To Have A Baby

PSST! I think you posted that on the wrong board.

Author: UKBB Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 12082 of 42361
Subject: Re: Baby - Or more specifically, me wanting one Date: 8/7/2003 9:43 PM

Brilliant Streak?

UKBB

Author: zsimpson Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 12083 of 42361
Subject: Re: Baby - Or more specifically, me wanting one Date: 8/8/2003 8:10 AM
Deannda
And we all know Joel is so full of BS his eyes are brown and he cleans his ears out at least 3 times a day! :)

Wow! Talk about the pot calling the kettle black!!

Author: Gimmeaminute Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 12084 of 42361
Subject: Re: Baby - Or more specifically, me wanting one Date: 8/8/2003 8:34 AM
Wow! Talk about the pot calling the kettle black!!

Nah, not really, my eyes are hazel but I do have to clean my ears out 5 times a day to keep the BS from overflowing ;)

Deannda
Wouldn't look good with brown eyes ;-Þ

Author: swimdad Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 12085 of 42361
Subject: Re: Baby - Or more specifically, me wanting one Date: 8/8/2003 9:15 AM
Recommendations: 5
Joelsenior

From what I hear, a lot of guys have had 6.
What's that got to do with parenting, though?

swimdad

Author: malibu114 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 12086 of 42361
Subject: Re: Baby - Or more specifically, me wanting one Date: 8/8/2003 2:29 PM
I think that was the point. It only took 3 weeks with the first (so basically on the first month trying she was pregnant) and took very much longer with the second. I think she said her 2 are 27 months apart? (So 18 months from the first birth to the 2nd conception?)

Thanks for clarification.

Donna

Author: Wingenit Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 12150 of 42361
Subject: Re: Baby - Or more specifically, me wanting one Date: 8/19/2003 11:56 AM
All I am going to say is . . .

There is never a perfect time for having kids. And you can't really ever afford them. But that doesn't mean nobody ever has any.

In the end, ignore all the good advice you get from all these people who aren't YOU & do what you want. It's your family & your finances, and you know what you can or can't do. It's smart to plan your family so that you can provide for them. But it is also possible to spend years waiting for a perfect time.

Good luck figuring it out!

-W
getting close to popping time!

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (45) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement