Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 2
So, I'm trying to lose weight . . . again. I've fallen off the wagon more times than I can count. The final straw for me was when I was talking to my six year old niece a couple of months ago. She was talking about how she joined track through her school and was able to run a six minute mile. While I'm proud of her, it really hit home for me that I can't even walk a mile anymore. So, I'm trying my best to cut out the junk food and walk on the treadmill. I know, I know. I should cut out the junk food entirely, but . . . baby steps. I'm definitely more aware of what I'm eating and am getting better at telling myself no. The treadmill has now become a habit. I'm walking ten minutes (1/3 of a mile). I'm determined to be able to walk a mile or more) by the end of the year. It's a new start, but I'm excited.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement