Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (6) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: goingbrokeiseasy Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 1443  
Subject: Baccarat question Date: 5/16/2005 10:48 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Idly watching a gambling show last night the "expert" said that baccarat is basically a coin flip between the players hand and the dealers hand. I agree with that statement but then he said the dealer bet was a slightly better bet and one should always bet on the dealer. (This statement comes up every time baccarat is discussed) Try as hard as I can, I do not see how there is any difference between the two bets.
Print the post Back To Top
Author: JohnnyX Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1396 of 1443
Subject: Re: Baccarat question Date: 5/16/2005 4:16 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Idly watching a gambling show last night the "expert" said that baccarat is basically a coin flip between the players hand and the dealers hand. I agree with that statement but then he said the dealer bet was a slightly better bet and one should always bet on the dealer. (This statement comes up every time baccarat is discussed) Try as hard as I can, I do not see how there is any difference between the two bet

The rules about who gets to draw and when favor the Banker over the Player by a small margin. Even with the 5% commission, there is a slightly higher EV for playing the Banker.

http://wizardofodds.com/baccarat

It should be noted that the difference in house edge is quite negligible, similar to the difference between Pass and Don't Pass in Craps.

Yours truly,
Mr. X

...played a few times...

Author: pbquig Two stars, 250 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1397 of 1443
Subject: Re: Baccarat question Date: 5/16/2005 4:51 PM
I've played mini-baccarat and didn't do well, however, bacarrat seems to be a game where the house edge is less than many other games. I think Pai Gow Poker is that way also.

My 2 cents.

Pam

Author: goingbrokeiseasy Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1398 of 1443
Subject: Re: Baccarat question Date: 5/16/2005 5:04 PM
Thanks, now it makes sense.

Author: AcmeFool Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1404 of 1443
Subject: Re: Baccarat question Date: 5/23/2005 8:26 AM
I think Pai Gow Poker is that way also.

Pai Gow actually has a much higher house advantage than Baccarat, Craps, and Blackjack (unless you are able to bank every other hand which is only possible when you are the only player). But it moves much more slowly and your expected loss per hour is low.

Acme

Author: budohorseman One star, 50 posts CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1430 of 1443
Subject: Re: Baccarat question Date: 9/13/2005 10:30 PM
Well, this may be way late, but I'm new so forgive me. In Baccarat, the house has a slight advantage because in the event of a TIE the HOUSE wins, otherwise it is a coin flip!!

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (6) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement