UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (11) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: JoshRandall Big gold star, 5000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 757319  
Subject: Re: BAM!! It's Section 8 day!!!!!!! Date: 12/5/2012 10:52 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 3
Back in the day when I bought houses for rental property, I was lured into the Section 8 guarantee of getting paid every month by the government. I recall calling a previous landlord for a reference on a single sista who I was going to rent to and her previous landlord said to stay away from her because she trashed his house, had dope parties all night long and was operating a ho house. She was all sweet and candy nice to me when she filled out my application. My first impression was that she would be a good tenant. Needless to say I didn't rent it to her and given that this was typical for Sec. 8 dwellers, I decided not to rent to Sec. 8 candidates, give up the guaranteed monthly rent and take my own risk doing a better job at prequalifying potential renters. Saved myself a lot of headaches. I did rent to some very young nice married couples who were in need and were honest, decent people who respected the house and their neighborhood, and they paid their rent, and when they had struggles, I worked with them.

If you value your rental house, don't rent Section 8. It's a losing proposition. These low-lifes who are qualified for Section 8 hop from house-to-house because they get evicted for trashing the houses and ruining the neighborhoods. That's their lifestyle. And there is no punishment or accountabilty from the government when this happens. They are just poor victims of society. They jess wants dey free stuff.

These are the fruits of the the great society and liberalism.
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (11) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Foolanthropy 2014!
By working with young, first-time moms, Nurse-Family Partnership is able to truly change lives – for generations to come.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Post of the Day:
Macro Economics

Looking at Currency Ratios
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement