Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (6) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: TMFBreakerDave Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Supernova Phoenix 1
Mission Team Member Supernova Odyssey 1
Mission Team Member CAPS All Star Motley Fool One Everlasting Fool SN Explorer 1 Mission Team Member Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 1128  
Subject: Back into the fray! Date: 6/12/2007 1:39 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
It seems like every other year or so I get back into Magic. This time it's the interest of my son, who has been playing the game with me as he constructs his first deck -- a green-red deck with big green beasts and red direct-damage. Having played the game a few times a day each day for the past week or so, I'm reminded again of how great Magic is.

Which of course draws me back to Magic Online, which is the ultimate proving ground for one's own designed decks, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

If any fellow Fools are on Magic Online and want to play sometime, let me know here, and I'll add you to my buddy list. --David
Print the post Back To Top
Author: mackh Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1124 of 1128
Subject: Re: Back into the fray! Date: 6/12/2007 2:29 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
If any fellow Fools are on Magic Online and want to play sometime, let me know here, and I'll add you to my buddy list.

I haven't played since the group fizzled out a while back. Are they finally at the new software version that was hyped for so long? If so, how is it?

I found that without a HUGE amount of time to put into learning the new cards (and the accompanying rules) for each set I just don't feel like I can be competitive and still have fun. I still really love the game (or maybe the idea of the game).

-Mack

Author: TMFBreakerDave Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Supernova Phoenix 1
Mission Team Member CAPS All Star Motley Fool One Everlasting Fool SN Explorer 1 Mission Team Member Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1125 of 1128
Subject: Re: Back into the fray! Date: 6/20/2007 12:50 AM
Mack,

Well, those horrible problems that essentially gave them -- us all -- a service outage for like a month, are gone. It all works great, as it always did.

They are planning a new (3.0?) software interface that is in beta, and is supposed to be better. I hope it is. That said, I'm happy as is with the familiar existing interface that we were all using back in 2004.

In the meantime, I'm still playing as "AMotleyFool" and welcome a game invite anytime from you or anyone else who reads this.

All your cards, for anyone who ever bought any there, should still be right there online under your account, even if you havent' signed in for 3 years...

Fool on,

David

Author: Kestrel2 Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1126 of 1128
Subject: Re: Back into the fray! Date: 7/21/2007 5:54 PM
I was playing quite a lot of Magic Online but I fell away from it several months ago. Still, I may give it another shot at some point. I do love to play online Two Headed Giant. My id is Peregrine_Avis.

Mission Team Member CAPS All Star Motley Fool One Everlasting Fool SN Explorer 1 Mission Team Member Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1127 of 1128
Subject: Re: Back into the fray! Date: 8/8/2007 2:11 PM
Kestrel, well, 10th edition is now online so I'll probably pick up some and play haphazardly over the next week. I'm "AMotleyFool." --DG

Author: VikingErik Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1128 of 1128
Subject: Re: Back into the fray! Date: 8/15/2007 11:38 AM
Recommendations: 1
I made Top 8 of a 10th edition release premier event at 4x. Nice payout of 12 free packs, plus free entry into the 10th edition championship tournament next Saturday. (Could have been even more packs, but I got blown out in the first round of top 8, by mana screw in game one and Plague Wind in game two.)

Screen name is Nordhawk, though I pretty much only play Limited and don't have any constructed decks. I could probably whip up something if you'd like a few rounds though. :)

- Erik

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (6) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement