Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (12) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: Ezlington Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 57283  
Subject: Bad News for me Date: 10/24/2012 5:07 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 3
I gave up my 60+ a day habit over 12 years ago
and have enjoyed perfectly good health apart from a cholesterol level of 9.3 (treated & down to 5)

About 3 years ago I was diagnosed with Adult onset asthma but because of Infantile TB I was sent for an Xray, Occasional use of Ventolin inhaler and that's it.

A bit of bad news I got the other day shows that any tiny change in your health should be investigated because I have had absolutely no other symptoms, except maybe night sweats.

http://boards.fool.com/bad-news-about-my-hip-problem-3033458...

€z
Print the post Back To Top
Author: DorMill Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 56575 of 57283
Subject: Re: Bad News for me Date: 10/24/2012 11:34 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
So sorry to hear your bad news. I wish I could do more than just give hugs but here they are.

() () ()

Author: vr5240 Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 56576 of 57283
Subject: Re: Bad News for me Date: 10/24/2012 11:47 AM
Oh Ez, I'm so sorry! Please keep in touch on this board. We love you and truly care. You are a valued part of our community.

Many hugs.

Verna

Author: Ezlington Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 56577 of 57283
Subject: Re: Bad News for me Date: 10/24/2012 12:48 PM
If I was posting under my pseudonym "Shibari"

I'd probably say something inaproptiate like:

"I suppose a quick flash of your boobs would help!"

but that would be in bad taste and I don't even know if you are female.

Thanks ,

€z

:)

Author: Ezlington Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 56578 of 57283
Subject: Re: Bad News for me Date: 10/24/2012 1:07 PM
The first girl I ever kissed was called Verna!

Community is the big word that the TMF's never figured out these boards,
It was a "text only Facebook" before Facebook existed but far from growing our little communities they tried to keep TMF's credibility as an ameteur investment website.

On British invasion board we work hard at keeping our old posters in touch, having a Daily Roll Call & making someone Trooper of the day on birthday or baloon day and on a rotation basis with special requests. The daily & 10 day notices that are sent out frequently get pulled but the biggest complainers tend to be from the old GMS board posters who would not fight for their boards continued existence as a community, pity they had some great characters there!

Before this past month I used to get up early to post a lot of these but, sadly a bit too poorly to be consistent these days.

Thanks Verna,
I'll keep you updated.

Cheers

€z

Author: catfyre Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 56579 of 57283
Subject: Re: Bad News for me Date: 10/24/2012 7:29 PM
€z - I'm very very sorry to read your bad news. It is all so scarey. Please remember that we are all with you here - fingers crossed and vibes churning away like crazy!

Some hugs from here,

() () ()

cat

Author: shelley511 Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 56580 of 57283
Subject: Re: Bad News for me Date: 10/25/2012 8:19 AM
Recommendations: 4
Ez,

So sorry to hear your news. I think all of us here worry about that diagnosis because of our histories of smoking.

Lrt's just hope that the doctors have ways to help you.

Keep that sense of humor. It has to be helpful.

Hugs from me too.

Shelley

Author: jackjg1947 Three stars, 500 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 56581 of 57283
Subject: Re: Bad News for me Date: 10/25/2012 9:14 AM
Recommendations: 5
Ez,

I don't know if prayer helps anything other than the person praying but let's hope it does because you'll be getting plenty from us all.

Hang in there,

Jack G

Author: Ezlington Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 56582 of 57283
Subject: Re: Bad News for me Date: 10/25/2012 1:13 PM
Recommendations: 2
Thanks cat,

I'll be in there with all guns blazing and fighting for my life like crazy!

€z

Author: Ezlington Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 56583 of 57283
Subject: Re: Bad News for me Date: 10/25/2012 1:29 PM
Recommendations: 2
Thanks Shelley,

I thought I'd turn it into a celebration, this is from the BI board post

http://boards.fool.com/bad-news-about-my-hip-problem-3033458...

NOW FOR THE GOOD NEWS

Anyone who can make it to Jesmond cricket club in Newcastle from 7PM to 11pm on the night of 31st October is invited to a Halloween/going away party.

Fancy dress is optional but appreciated. It will be more of a drop in and drink & snack than a fully catered party as I have no how many will come and how many would rather dance on my grave.

My friends from Tango are putting on dancing and a few performances, two of my teachers danced in Flavia & Vincents “Midnight Tango” tours, so they are of top quality. People from the Allotments, work colleagues, friends and family have been invited.

I was going to have a quiet 60th birthday party early in November, I just decided to upscale and advance the date.

I am a keen Tango dancer wearing some of my (100+) gorgeous Hawaiian Shirts to the Milonga, one group of colleagues have "secretly" asked my wife if they could wear some, others will be wearing false beards or Bow Ties (you can tell I'm not a slave to fashion), so I feel quite flattered. It just keeps getting better and better!

While I have planned a Green funeral, cardboard box under a tree, but they will have to drag me every inch of the way! kicking and screaming.

€z
(not gone yet!)

Author: Ezlington Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 56584 of 57283
Subject: Re: Bad News for me Date: 10/25/2012 1:51 PM
Thanks Jack,

I think what you say is true and can speak of last nights experience:

The man in the bed opposite was falling out of his bed due to his confused medicated state, so after I summoned the nurse they moved him to a single room.

He had swapped beds with this man who prayed out aloud for about 90 minutes, when he ran out of promises he started again with the Lords Prayer. I just accepted the position and tried not to pass judgement or feel sorry for him.

I'm lucky I don't have any fear of the disease process or death and always been certain that Altzheimer's would be the worst possible way for me to end, having seen so much of it turn wonderful people into unrecognisable shadowy strangers and the guilt felt by those left for their resentment.

With this I have a better relationship with some than ever before and deeper more significant conversations with my daughter than I would have thought possible.

Visitors, gotta go!

€z

Author: Howie52 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 56585 of 57283
Subject: Re: Bad News for me Date: 10/26/2012 10:38 PM
Hard news to hear and hard news to deal with even if expected.
Having it come unexpectedly would be a bear.
But dealing becomes a necessity.

May you find handling the situation better than you expect and fear.
May you find your fear manageable.
May there be good along with the bad news - somewhere and somehow.

Howie52

and thanks for sharing a good reason to stay tight to the quit.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (12) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement