UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (37) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: malaoshi Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 886554  
Subject: Bad news, good news.. Date: 1/18/2013 9:47 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 122
DH was in a major car accident the day before yesterday,driving on a small freeway bordered by strawberry fields.

His 21-year-old Honda was totaled but the air bag worked. He was taken to a country hospital by ambulance, with smooshed right knee cap, broken right arm, broken ribs, but clear head, no concussion, no neck injury. Then the hospital called us, and my two terrific daughters drove me an hour and half to get him, somehow lifted him into our minivan, drove home and somehow got him into his own bed (at past midnight....)alive and much loved.

The phone has barely stopped ringing. We've been offered 5 dinners and already eaten two, (last night and tonight,) friends calling about helping with errands, shopping, more cooking, baysitting etc. Dry cleaning lady saw his clothes with some blood, plus my harried look, asked why, and immediately gave far more than the usual senior citizen discount, because she knows and likes him... and is so glad he is alive.

And how does this all tie in to LBYM? Another friend is lining up friends to provide meals every night...and as has been mentioned before, I get a weekly grocery allowance in our budget. Even if DH has to give up his job, he is making us rich in food!

Milk, eggs, lettuce and pain pills will probably be the only things I'll be buying for several weeks. And he is alive.

He'll probably be forced to retire through this, and he LOVES his job. That's bad. He has already canceled business trips, our cruise in February, his overseas trip in April and two social events he was organizing for his clients. That's bad.

But we would have been laughing together as I cut his underwear off him last night,...if it hadn't hurt too much to laugh. Who cares? He's alive.

Tonight we lit Shabbat candles on a little table in the bedroom. We had our normal Friday night blessings.

No matter that surgery will be delayed till the knee is ready. He is alive.

Hug anyone you love who happens to be near. Sometimes their being alive is all we need.
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (37) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Foolanthropy 2014!
By working with young, first-time moms, Nurse-Family Partnership is able to truly change lives – for generations to come.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Post of the Day:
Macro Economics

Economic Implications of Cuba
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement