Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (5) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: TomFoolNC Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 348  
Subject: BAMM loses IT VP Date: 7/30/2007 10:57 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Goes to Borders

http://blogs.wsj.com/biztech/2007/07/16/borders-takes-new-tack-online-replaces-tech-chief/?mod=yahoo_hs
Print the post Back To Top
Author: goatroar One star, 50 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 343 of 348
Subject: Re: BAMM loses IT VP Date: 8/9/2007 8:50 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Do you think the current slide is due to its losing of IT VP?

Scott

Author: TomFoolNC Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 344 of 348
Subject: Re: BAMM loses IT VP Date: 8/9/2007 10:29 PM
No. There is some press going around saying the booksellers are cutting margins on each other over selling Harry Potter, so it won't be a positive event for them, like in the past. Plus the general overall concerns over the bricks and mortar booksellers. I am out of BAMM right now. Got out when they went above 20 and PE was above 20. There was no way they were going to grow that fast. They have been growing low single digits but managing the bottom line very well, so had good earnings the last couple of years. Question is if most of those productivity increases that are available have been found already. But with a PE of 10, BAMM becomes interesting again. I will probably buy some tomorrow.

Author: TomFoolNC Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 345 of 348
Subject: Re: BAMM loses IT VP Date: 8/9/2007 10:33 PM
No. There is some press going around saying the booksellers are cutting margins on each other over selling Harry Potter, so it won't be a positive event for them, like in the past. Plus the general overall concerns over the bricks and mortar booksellers. (personally I buy all my onlin ebooks from BAMM, they are the best prices, free shipping over $25 and fast delivery). I am out of BAMM right now. Got out when they went above 20 and PE was above 20. There was no way they were going to grow that fast. They have been growing low single digits but managing the bottom line very well, so had good earnings the last couple of years. But same store sales have been declining the last few quarters which is not a good sign. Question is if most of those productivity increases that are available have been found already. But with a PE of 10, and div of 2.5% BAMM becomes interesting again. I looked into it a bit tonight, and looks like it not a screaming bargain yet, but getting closer. Might be time to buy a 1/3. Tom

Author: TomFoolNC Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 346 of 348
Subject: Re: BAMM loses IT VP Date: 8/9/2007 10:36 PM
had some connectivity problems while I was posting my reply. I looked into the company some more and personally I would not buy just yet. If they get down to $10 and not other news comes out, I will probably buy.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (5) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement