UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: OverTheHump Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 725979  
Subject: Ban All Knives Date: 4/9/2013 3:38 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 2
http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?section=news/local&id=...

We need background checks for anyone who buys a knife. Knife sharpeners also should be resticted, same for razors of all types. Baseball bats also need to go, as should steel-toed boots. The list is endless, but we must start first with the knives. Of course, additional taxes should be applied, as should training sessions to possess even a butter knife. And a complete computer data base of all owners of knives.
Print the post Back To Top
Author: Art53 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 677218 of 725979
Subject: Re: Ban All Knives Date: 4/9/2013 4:15 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 2
I probably easily have over 60 knives and have had a love affair with knives since I got my first Barlow pocket knife in the first grade. I remember in the fourth grade getting a Schrade skinning knife with 1 & 3/4s books of S&H Green stamps. I've still got that knife and there's no telling how many deer I've skinned with it.

I pretty much spent my whole life cutting up animals in some form or other. I hunted and fished when I was school and then took a meat cutting class and got a job as a meat cutter which helped me pay my way through school and then after I graduated and worked in biomedical research my "butchering" continued when I had to help do necropsies on various animals used in research.

I also cut up a lot of deer and other animals (mostly pigs) for friends from Church that deer hunted. All of my knives were used for their intended purpose which was butchering animals.

When I was nineteen years old I bought a R.H. Ruana handmade knife that I bought simply because I thought it was beautiful. I paid $29.95 for it which at the time for me was a lot of money. I recently looked the same knife up on Ebay and it is selling anywhere from $750 to $1,000. I don't have a clue what percentage increase that is but I'm amazed that it's gained that much in value.

This is the same knife as mine... Mine is in a lot better shape though because I've taken care of it.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/R-H-RUANA-BONNER-MONTANA-1943-44-3-P...

Art

Author: Colovion Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 677253 of 725979
Subject: Re: Ban All Knives Date: 4/9/2013 11:43 PM
Recommendations: 1
I'm a fan of W.R. Case knives personally. I don't have 60 of them but I do have a few. The one I carry 24/7/365 is this one:

http://m124.photobucket.com/albumview/albums/zippofan_photos...

It's called the Seahorse Whittler in gray bone with a red shield. The largest blade is a wharncliffe, my favorite blade on a pocket knife. The cutting edge is perfectly flat, making it very easy to sharpen, while it has a wonderfully curved tang that tapers into the point. The smaller blades consist if a pen blade and a coping blade, the latter being very useful for precise detail cuts.

They make some fine fixed blades too but I don't own any... yet.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement