UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (41) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: bangar8 Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 42338  
Subject: Re: Eating suggestions? Date: 11/29/2006 11:49 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 54
Bangar8 responded to my original post about eating meat by simply stating that she was a vegetarian and that meat was "not an option." She also gratuitously implied me to be a "troll" for making a perfectly reasonable suggestion. She did not respond by stating that her religion, whether that is "the Hindu religion," or perhaps Jainism, or perhaps Hari Krishna, or perhaps Buddhism, or perhaps some version of Christianity, absolutely prohibits feeding her child animal protein under any circumstances, even if the child's health may be at issue.

By the way, if we are now allowed to use our presumed religious beliefs as an unquestioned and irrefutable justification, does that mean it is OK for fundamentalist Christians or Jews to say they are opposed to homosexual marriage, without being called "irrational bigots"?

Is that OK with you now?

Please let me know exactly how far your hypocrisy extends.

First things first:
The reason I am a vegetarian is completely irrelevant to you. It is what I chose as my lifestyle and unless that is harming you or anyone else, no one has a right to question my choice of how I lead my life.
And no, being a vegetarian is not harming my daighter. FYI, vegetarian food is nutritionally complete, except for some B vitamins, which are supplemented by us.
And DD is getting (nearly) adequate food, because I spoon feed her and make sure that she eats to her capacity, rather than based on her whims. Now, the others on this board might be right that she will be able to get sufficient and balanced food even if I don't feed her myself. But it may take a while for me to stop doing what I am. I can't change myself overnight into a different person. Change needs time.
So, basically, the discussion was about my methods of feeding DD, not about whether she will suffer from malnutrition due my personal eccentricities.

And lastly...it is OK for fundamentalist Christians or Jews to say they are opposed to homosexual marriage, without being called "irrational bigots"...as long as they don't impose their beliefs on others. No one is forcing them to lead a homosexual lifestyle. And they should not spend all their time and energy in preventing gays from marrying.
Its like me asking you to stop eating meat because according my releigious beliefs, its unethical or immoral.
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (41) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement