UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: SaintPatrick1 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 1950111  
Subject: Barack's Comeback: "The Jerk Store Called&q Date: 10/5/2012 5:43 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000087239639044376880457803...

Barack Obama has an explanation for his poor performance in Wednesday night's debate: The other guy was an impostor. "When I got onto the stage, I met this very spirited fellow who claimed to be Mitt Romney," the president said at a Denver rally yesterday:

But it couldn't have been Mitt Romney--because the real Mitt Romney has been running around the country for the last year promising $5 trillion in tax cuts that favor the wealthy. The fellow on stage last night said he didn't know anything about that.

The real Mitt Romney said we don't need any more teachers in our classrooms. . . . But the fellow on stage last night, he loves teachers -- can't get enough of them.
The Mitt Romney we all know invested in companies that were called "pioneers" of outsourcing jobs to other countries. But the guy on stage last night, he said that he doesn't even know that there are such laws that encourage outsourcing--he's never heard of them. Never heard of them. Never heard of tax breaks for companies that ship jobs overseas. He said that if it's true, he must need a new accountant.
Now, we know for sure it was not the real Mitt Romney, because he seems to be doing just fine with his current accountant. So you see, the man on stage last night, he does not want to be held accountable for the real Mitt Romney's decisions and what he's been saying for the last year.

According to the White House website, the rally began at 10:30 a.m. Mountain Time, which means it took Obama and his team of writers less than 14 hours to generate these comebacks.

The Washington Post's Chris Cillizza summed it up nicely in a tweet: "Obama hitting back today at all of Romney's attacks last night is the ultimate Costanza 'jerk store' moment." (If you don't understand the reference, you can watch the relevant "Seinfeld" clip on YouTube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0KmTTy_MM5w&feature=relat... )
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post Back To Top
Author: lowstudent Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1821571 of 1950111
Subject: Re: Barack's Comeback: "The Jerk Store Call Date: 10/5/2012 5:48 PM
Recommendations: 1
Barack Obama has an explanation for his poor performance in Wednesday night's debate: The other guy was an impostor. "When I got onto the stage, I met this very spirited fellow who claimed to be Mitt Romney," the president said at a Denver rally yesterday:

Actually Obama's explanation makes perfect sense, it also obliterates the ideas that he actually did not prepare or it was the altitude or Lehrer was actually under a Voodoo mid control spell by Karl Rove

What seems to have happened is that Obama was prepared to debate the debate the strawman he has created over the last few months. Had Romney actually been the make believe construct that Obama's team has been eviscerating Obama would have shined!

Author: Icemann11 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1821577 of 1950111
Subject: Re: Barack's Comeback: "The Jerk Store Call Date: 10/5/2012 6:17 PM
Recommendations: 0
Had Romney actually been the make believe construct that Obama's team has been eviscerating Obama would have shined!

I think you actually gave President Obama too much credit: I don't think he would have shined against anyone on Wednesday. He was awful. Darn altitude sickness... ; )

Icemann

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement