UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (5) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: outtacash Two stars, 250 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 68  
Subject: Barron's top retriement stocks Date: 3/24/2001 7:18 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
AOL, I can't believe they have the nerve to recommend this. There is so much good news built in to this stock that it has nowhere to go but down in the short term....

Not an avid reader of Barron's,

Outtacash
Print the post Back To Top
Author: rigoletto39 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 23 of 68
Subject: Re: Barron's top retriement stocks Date: 3/25/2001 3:49 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
AOL, I can't believe they have the nerve to recommend this. There is so much good news built in to
this stock that it has nowhere to go but down in the short term....

Not an avid reader of Barron's,

I dunno about AOL. They've become a sort of monster recently. Maybe even a "gorilla-killa". I'll spend some time over on the AOL board - I haven't read much about them except how great they're gonna be.

As far as Barron's goes, maybe we should add them to the list of "anaysts". Seems like they're always coming out with some sort of goofy article over the weekend, and then come Monday, the company they said was about to go belly-up (like IBM or CSCO or GE) drops a few percentage points. I don't remember specifics, just that it happened more than a few times in the recent past. I used to read them once in a while, but gave it up.

Author: outtacash Two stars, 250 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 24 of 68
Subject: Re: Barron's top retriement stocks Date: 3/25/2001 8:49 AM
My problem with AOL is the Valuation. It is sky high and it is expected to grow around 15%. Also, every money manager on the planet has been recommending it for the last two years yet take a look at the chart, there has been net selling for about that long. I believe it is/will be a powerful company but I am seriously contemplating a short position in it. If it gets back up in to the mid $40's range again, I probably will short it.

Thanks for your input.

Outtacash

Author: rerics Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 39 of 68
Subject: Re: Barron's top retriement stocks Date: 5/24/2002 5:28 PM
Not an avid reader of Barron's

I prefer IBD. At least it's not out of date when you get it.

rerics

Author: GasolineGus Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 43 of 68
Subject: Re: Barron's top retriement stocks Date: 6/10/2002 10:28 AM
Recommendations: 1
Not an avid reader of Barron's
=======
I prefer IBD. At least it's not out of date when you get it.

rerics
==================
i don't get either one.
gus

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (5) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement