Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: Retrograde Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 52496  
Subject: Baseball glove oil? Date: 2/4/2013 6:02 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
I have dug out my old glove and need to figure out what kind of oil to use. I haven't used the glove for about 8 years, it isn't too flattened out or stiff, but it does need some shaping. The glove is a Rawlings and is certainly more than 30 years old.

I see all sorts of oil brands in the sports stores. We used to use Rawlings Glovolium but I haven't found that in local stores.

Do you have an oil recommendation? I prefer a non heat method.

Thanks in advance!
Print the post Back To Top
Author: woodymw Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 48414 of 52496
Subject: Re: Baseball glove oil? Date: 2/4/2013 9:37 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Might as well get what you know...

http://www.amazon.com/Rawlings-G25GIIBP-Glovolium-Blister-Pa...

Author: dccats5 Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 48415 of 52496
Subject: Re: Baseball glove oil? Date: 2/5/2013 7:40 AM
For years of playing ball, I (and all my college teammates) never used glove oil. Shaving cream (foam, not gel) can help clean and soften the leather.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement